The application for spring 2022 (January start) is due September 25.
Applicants are encouraged to join us for an information session. These sessions give you tips and strategies to the make the process as stress free as possible and to help you submit a competitive application. There will be two information sessions, both sessions will be available via Zoom or in person.
- Attend in person at Wagner Hall room 365 Aug. 31 at 5 p.m. or Sept. 3 at 10 a.m., or
- Use one of these links at the designated time to attend via zoom:
The application to the program for spring 2022 includes three steps. Applicants are encouraged to read all instructions carefully and review documents thoroughly before submission.
- Review the application checklist.
- Complete and submit the application via DocuSign. Applicants can start the application and finish later—just be sure to save the email you will receive from DocuSign (and you will receive reminder emails every 12 hours until you complete the process). Do not start a new application from the above link.
- Applicants can choose "download" in DocuSign to save a copy of the PDF for working offline (and utilize the links in the application) however—you must still fill out the application itself in DocuSign. You cannot upload an application that you filled in off-line.
- Complete the essay questions using the Kira Talent website. The essay questions are in the application. Applicants are strongly encouraged to complete the essays on your computer first, being sure to review them thoroughly. Open the Kira Talent platform when you are ready to submit them. You will need to register for the Kira Talent platform (takes just a few minutes) and then will have only 10 minutes to “copy and paste” and then review each question in the platform. The link for Kira Talent does not work when using Internet Explorer, we suggest using Firefox or Chrome. Join us for an essay review session, prior to submission, at the following times:
- Tuesday, Sept. 7, 4-6 p.m. in Wagner Hall 238
- Monday, Sept. 20, 3-5 p.m. in Wagner Hall 238
Do you have questions?
Please reach out to our nursing student services team. Undergraduate students may reach out to your designated academic advisor:
- Laura Jacobs, academic advisor (Brookings)
- Benjamin Moyer, academic advisor (Brookings)
- Steph Bebensee, academic advisor (Brookings)
- Camilla Veire, academic advisor/coordinator (Sioux Falls)
- Gale Folsland, assistant director of nursing student services (Rapid City)
- Valeriah Big Eagle, diversity, outreach and engagement coordinator (Rapid City)
- Sara Olson, academic advisor (Aberdeen)
Graduate students with questions should contact: