Sigma Theta Tau International
The honor society of Sigma Theta Tau International is available for students who demonstrate superior scholastic achievement and show evidence of professional leadership potential and/or marked achievement in the field of nursing. Therefore, membership is by invitation only and is conferred upon faculty, community leaders, and graduate and undergraduate students who display these qualities.
Sigma Theta Tau International is a honor society founded to:
- recognize superior achievement and leadership qualities.
- foster high professional standards.
- encourage creative work.
- strengthen commitment to the ideals and purposes of the nursing profession.
Phi Chapter #19
Established in 1961, the Phi Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International is the 19th national chapter and has two units—one located in Brookings, SD, and the other located in Rapid City, SD. The Phi Chapter also has a Facebook Page that contains additional information.
February 20, 2018 at 5 pm CT. Phi Chapter Grant Application (electronic submission) is due to Kay.Foland@sdstate.edu
- SDSU 22nd Annual Helen K. Grace and Nursing Deans Distinguished Lecture - April 5, 2018, Brookings, SD
- 29th Annual Phi & Zeta Zeta Chapters, Nursing Research Symposium - April 6, 2018, Brookings, SD
Phi Chapter News
The Phi Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International is pleased to announce their scholarship opportunities include twice a year awards for deserving research/scholarly projects. There will be two research awards which may be awarded twice a year depending on number and type of applications. The deadline for fall of this academic year was October 16, 2017 and the deadline for the spring award is February 20, 2018. Two awards given will be up to $500 per award to SDSU Phi Chapter faculty/community members and/or SDSU graduate students who are Phi Chapter members.
- Phi Chapter answers STTI President's call to action: Phi chapter was recognized through the Showcase of Regional Excellence for outstanding philanthropic achievement (November 8, 2016).
Phi Chapter Board Roster 2017-2018
President and Electronic Delegate
1st VP-President Elect/ Electronic Delegate
Graduate Student Counselor (assistant)
Governance Committee Members
Leadership Succession Committee Members
Chapter Key Award