South Dakota State University’s Dakota Lakes Research Farm will host its annual field day on June 30, 2022 at 3:00 p.m. (CST).
Two field tours will be offered, each lasting about 1.5 hours. Visitors will have the opportunity to attend both tours.
- Overview of the cropping year and plans moving forward: Sam Ireland, Dakota Lakes Research Farm Manager
- Livestock integration at Dakota Lakes Research Farm: Cody Zilverberg, Dakota Lakes Research Farm Consulting Scientist
- Oats and Forage Oats: Melanie Caffe, Assistant Professor and SDSU Oat Breeder
- Pea Variety Testing: Christopher Graham, Associate Professor and SDSU Extension Agronomist
- Impact of long-term crop rotation to soil characteristics: Dwayne Beck, Former Dakota Lakes Research Farm Manager
- Winter Wheat and Crop Variety Testing: Sunish Sehgal, SDSU Associate Professor and Winter Wheat Breeder and Jon Kleinjan, SDSU Extension Agronomist
- Nutrient Research Education Council Phosphorus Study- Role of Soil Biology: Clarence Winter, SDSU Graduate Student in the Department of Agronomy, Horticulture, and Plant Science
A meal will be provided for attendees. There is no cost to attend or required registration. Anyone interested is encouraged to attend.
The field day is sponsored by the Dakota Lakes Research Farm Corporation and South Dakota State University.
The farm is located approximately 17 miles east of Pierre on Hwy 34 (21310 308th Avenue Pierre, SD). For more information on the SDSU Dakota Lakes Research Farm Field Day, contact Miranda Trautman at 605-224-6357 or Miranda.Trautman@sdstate.edu.