Eight additional South Dakota families have made commitments totaling $2.6 million to First Bank & Trust Arena.
The gifts follow the $20 million lead gift for naming rights from First Bank & Trust announced in September and a $10 million gift from an anonymous donor announced in mid-November.
The commitments are from:
- Rusty and Sherry Antonen of Lake Norden.
- Bowes Construction Inc. of Brookings.
- Ron and Anita Frankenstein of Redfield.
- Mylo and Lillian Hellickson of Brookings.
- Terry and Linda Nelson of Black Hawk.
- Ramsdell family of Flandreau.
- Dave and Laurie Schaefer of Rapid City.
- Lowell and Karen Somsen of Pierre.
"These families have been unwavering supporters of Jackrabbits athletics and SDSU," said Director of Athletics Justin Sell. "Their willingness to step forward with investments in First Bank & Trust Arena is indicative of the excitement that this project is generating."
The overall cost is estimated at $50 million. These gifts are a strategic investment in Bold & Blue: The Campaign for South Dakota State University.
The renovation and expansion of First Bank & Trust Arena will include premium seating and hospitality areas, video displays, locker rooms, team rooms, athletic training facilities, an academic center and other amenities to enhance the event experience for all fans.