Jody Owen, director of South Dakota State University’s Wintrode Student Success Center, has announced the following student awards for the 2020-21 academic year.
The recipients are:
- Student of the Year Award: Marissa Walters, a sophomore majoring in animal science from Pine Island, Minnesota.
- Peer Mentor of the Year Award: Maria Aesoph, a senior majoring in psychology and following the pre-veterinary medicine specialization track from Highmore.
- Tutor of the Year Award: Cole Conard, a senior majoring in human biology following the pre-medicine specialization track from Custer.
- Supplemental Instruction Leader of the Year Award: Collin Olevson, a senior majoring in human biology following the pre-physician assistant specialization track from Carver, Minnesota.
- Student Employees of the Semester Award: (fall) Brooke Harmer, a junior majoring in business economics and entrepreneurial studies from Sioux Falls; and (spring) Clara Greenhagen, a senior majoring in biology–secondary education (pre-medicine specialization) from Maple Lake, Minnesota.
“We are proud to have dedicated student leaders who demonstrate care and support for SDSU students. We are excited to recognize their accomplishments and to acknowledge growth of students who have used Wintrode Center services,” Owen said.
In addition, Nicole Gertken received the Staff Award for Excellence. She has worked in the Wintrode Student Success Center in a professional role since September 2013, first as a professional academic advisor and now as the academic success and recovery program coordinator.
NOTE: Years in school listed were the students' year for the 2020–21 academic year.