South Dakota State University President Barry Dunn bestowed the SDSU Presidential Medallion upon six individuals Tuesday afternoon for their efforts during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The recipients were:
- Keith Corbett, outgoing mayor of Brookings;
- Amy Hockett, director of clinic operations, Sanford Clinic Brookings;
- Jason Merkley, president and CEO, Brookings Health System;
- Patrick Siegling, clinic director, Avera Medical Group Brookings;
- Bonny Specker, professor emerita, South Dakota State University; and
- Klint Willert, superintendent of schools, Brookings School District.
The SDSU Presidential Medallion is bestowed on very select individuals who have significantly contributed toward the advancement and benefit of South Dakota State University.