The South Dakota Agricultural Heritage Museum will re-open to the public Aug. 17. The re-opening date is in partnership with the South Dakota Art Museum's re-opening.
During the remainder of our temporary closure, we are working to make necessary changes in the museum so our patrons feel comfortable. Some of those changes include:
- Making changes to existing exhibits to allow for social distancing;
- Reworking areas of the gift shop to allow for social distancing;
- Creating safety measures for our Ag-Xploration Gallery (children's area) to allow for safe enjoyment;
- Install extra hand sanitizing stations and dividers around the museum; and
- Any additional changes that come up.
We are thankful to be working with SDSU to implement some of these health and safety measures to ensure that our members and visitors feel both safe and welcome during their visit. As the opening date gets closer, we will be announcing more information on how we plan to keep everyone healthy during this unprecedented time in history.
As we all anxiously await for the museum to re-open, please remember that our online gift shop is still open! You can find many of our wonderful products, including meat from the SDSU Meat Lab, online at agmuseumstore.com. Through the closure, we are continuing to provide delivery inside the town of Brookings, curbside pickup at the museum, and can ship to anywhere in the country. You can also check out our weekly Make-It Monday and Thinking Thursday videos for some activity ideas for kids at home!
We can't wait to see you Aug. 17!