South Dakota State University held its annual Undergraduate Research, Scholarship and Creative Activity Day April 9 in the University Student Union’s Volstorff Ballroom.
The following students were recognized:
- Joseph F. Nelson Undergraduate Research Mentorships (sponsored by Van D. and Barbara B. Fishback Honors College): Kari Brucker, Bloomington, Illinois; Courtney Cameron, Elkhorn, Nebraska; Matthew Dentlinger, Arcadia, Iowa; Megan Kellen, Alton, Iowa; Trenton LaCanne, Windom, Minnesota; Abdullah Al Maruf, Par – Joydebpur, Bangladesh; Kacey Rosenthal, Gig Harbor, Washington; Natalie Swanson, Vermillion; and Jayda Zemlicka, Neligh, Nebraska.
- Schultz-Werth Awards: Katelyn Berndt, Eagle Butte; Emily Berzonsky, Lincoln, Nebraska; Joshua Goeden, Brookings; Connor Haaland, Rapid City; Katherine Housiaux, Brookings; Ellen Hulterstrum, Litchfield, Minnesota; Devon Melillo, Sioux Falls; Anna Barr, Brookings; Jenna Christianson, Hendricks, Minnesota; David Flanery, Britton; Michelle Hecht, Brookings; Joseph Keryakos, Jezzine, Lebanon; and Chase Petersen, Scott, Arkansas.
Research poster winners (by category):
- Department of Animal Science: Juliana Pederson, Westbrook, Minnesota;
- College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences: Kyle Lampert, Chokio, Minnesota; and Ravi Panchagnula, Hyderabad, India;
- Department of Athletics: Rachel King, St. Michael, Minnesota;
- Department of Biology and Microbiology: Hunter Landwehr, Shoreview, Minnesota; and Alaire Buysse, Taunton, Minnesota;
- Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry: Amanda Kerr, Denver, Colorado; Camille Massmann, Cold Spring, Minnesota; Timothy Paris, Rapid City; and Trey Thesenvitz, Jasper, Minnesota.
- School of Communication and Journalism: Katelyn Berndt, Eagle Butte;
- Department of Counseling and Human Development: Seyedah Zahra Moazzami, Mashhad, Iran;
- Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science: Grant Metzger, Rock Rapids, Iowa;
- Jerome J. Lohr College of Engineering: Ryan Johnson, Sioux Falls; Kaveen Jayamanna, Wathugedara, Sri Lanka; Zachary Needham, Sioux Falls; and Anna Schleper, Delano, Minnesota;
- Department of English: Alaire Buysse, Taunton, Minnesota; and Madisen Payne, Jefferson;
- Department of Geography: Sharon Folk, Milbank;
- Department of Health and Nutritional Sciences: Anna Barr, Brookings; and Rachel King, St. Michael, Minnesota;
- Van D. and Barbara B. Fishback Honors College: Kylee Essen, Farmington, Minnesota; Connor Haaland, Rapid City; Cole McDougall, Brookings; Jace Waybright, Lincoln, Nebraska; and Karee Wicks, Nunda;
- Hilton M. Briggs Library: Emily Berzonsky, Lincoln, Nebraska; and Kristin McGee, Sioux Falls;
- Department of Mathematics and Statistics: Max Ausdemore, Mankato, Minnesota; and Dorothea Clark, Delano, Minnesota;
- College of Natural Sciences: Robert Kranz, Mendota Heights, Minnesota;
- College of Nursing: Hannah Colgrove, White; Brett Struve, Granville, Iowa; and Kamile VanDyke, Mountain Lake, Minnesota;
- College of Pharmacy and Allied Health Professions: Khalil Ford, Black Hawk; and Kjersten Sankey, Chandler, Minnesota;
- Department of Physics: Abdullah Al Maruf, Par – Joydebpur, Bangladesh; and Thomas Ott, Overland Park, Kansas;
- Department of Psychology: Kyle Hess, Sioux Falls; and Payton Pierce, Yankton; and
- URSCAD: Kaitlyn Cihoski, Fairmont, Minnesota.