South Dakota State University seniors Tayler Herding, Brooke Ruhd Hockett, Keaton Hoff, Lilit Karapetyan and Kristina Wagner will display their senior exhibit Nov. 19-30 at Grove Hall’s Ritz Gallery on campus. The exhibit is free and open to the public. The Ritz Gallery hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The exhibit, titled “New Seasons,” includes graphic design work including brand, logo, business card and pattern designs, a series of ink and paint portraits, paintings, ceramics works. digital animations, prints, book and newsletter designs, hand-drawn illustrations, photographs and mixed media works.
- Herding, a graphic design major, is also pursuing a minor in studio art. Herding is the daughter of Daniel and Melanie Herding of Hankinson, North Dakota, and is a 2011 Hankinson High School graduate.
- Hockett, a studio art major, is the daughter of Brad and Tammy Ruhd of Toronto and a 2015 graduate of Deubrook High School.
- Hoff is from Sioux Falls.
- Karapetya, a graphic design major from Sioux Falls, is the daughter of Manvel Karapetyan and Anna Aprikyan. She is a 2010 graduate of Washington High School.
- Wagner, a studio art major, is the daughter of Steven and Donna Wagner of Sioux Falls and is a 2015 graduate of O’Gorman High School.
A public reception will be held Nov. 20 from 5-7:30 p.m. The Ritz Gallery is located south of SDSU’s University Student Union between Mathews and Brown residence halls. Parking is available in the University Student Union lot.