Order Books Online
The South Dakota State University Bookstore is now sending all textbooks out through out new book fulfillment center. All book orders can be placed online at the link below. We do the work for you! Our staff picks and packages all textbook orders once you complete your order on our website. Once your order has been processed, you will receive an email letting you know your order has been shipped.
- Books being shipped will be sent by ground shipping to the address on file in your shopping profile (please double check for accuracy). Shipping is a flat rate fee on all orders.
- Ground shipping takes approximately 2-4 business days. (24 hours in-house processing + ground shipping).
- We offer each student a $500 line of credit at checkout–this charge will then be added to your tuition bill.
To order your books:
1. Select www.jackrabbitcentral.com
2. Then choose: Textbooks
3. Next choose: Buy/Rent
4. Then read terms: Enter Verification Code; Select: I AGREE
5. Then choose: Campus Term – SDSU – 2022 FALL-SDSU
6. Then choose: Department, Course and Section
7. Next click: Add Course to List
8. Repeat for all your classes
9. Then choose: Get Your Books
At this time, all textbooks and course materials must be ordered online.
Frequently Asked Questions
Have questions about textbooks and supplies? We've got you covered. See our FAQ below.
- Is the SDSU Bookstore open?
Yes, the Bookstore is open Fall 2022 for the purchase of art supplies and clothing. All textbooks will only be available through our online store www.jackrabbitcentral.com. What this means for you, moving forward all textbook orders will need to be placed on-line through our fulfillment center. We will no longer allow any customers in our lower-level area, as this is becoming our Fulfillment Center. The SDSU Bookstore will be open Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday through Sunday, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- How do I pick up my online textbook order?
Select in-store pick up at checkout, you MUST put your campus address down to qualify for in-store pick up. All off campus students will have their orders shipped to their off-campus residence. Please allow 24 hours for your order to be processed. Once your order is processed you will get an email that you can stop into the Bookstore to pick up your order. Student ID or driver’s license is required at pickup.
- Can I purchase art and engineering supplies online?
Yes, we have added most items to our website. Go to www.jackrabbitcentral.com and click on general merchandise, then select either school supplies or art/engineering supplies. We realize there are some things we cannot offer online, in that case stop in and check out what we have in the store.
- Will I be charged shipping or a processing fee if I select UPS or In-Store pick up?
The store is offering a $5 promotional shipping fee on all orders & FREE In-Store pick up.
- Do I need to be signed into an account on the website to purchase books?
Yes, you will need to create an account in order to make purchases through our website.
- How come when I try to put a purchase on my student account, it will not let me proceed to the “Review my order” screen?
When checking out, if you are renting a book and charging to your student account, you will still need to enter a credit/debit card. Nothing will be charged to the card; it just needs to be on file in case the rental is not returned.
- If the same title is listed with 2 different ISBN numbers and one is optional and one is required, do I need to purchase both?
No, you have the option to purchase either the digital copy (DC) or the physical copy of the book. You only need to have one form of the book.
- Can I charge my textbooks and educational materials to my student account?
Yes, each student is given a $500 line of credit to charge textbooks and educational materials and clothing to. The last day to charge to your student account for the Fall semester is August 31. The amount charged then gets added to your final tuition bill.
- Can I use a clicker for more than 1 year & use in multiple classes?
Yes, once you purchase a clicker you will register it to yourself and it can be used in multiple classes. The clicker is good for five years.
- How do I return textbooks?
Students needing to return educational materials should come to the MAIN entrance through the Student Union. Make sure to have a copy of your receipt with you.
- If the same book is listed as “required” in digital content (DC) form and “optional” in physical form on the website, do I need to order both?
No, you only need to order the option you prefer to learn from so one or the other, not both.
- What does it mean when it says: "This is a digital textbook and is billed to your tuition?"
The book is a digital book and is billed to your tuition. About a week before classes start you will get an email from the Bookstore that gives you instructions on how to access the book through your D2L. Since it’s being billed to your tuition, there is nothing else that you need to purchase. You also have the option to opt-out of the book and those instructions can be found in the email with the instructions on how to access your book.
- What does (DC) behind certain book titles stand for?
DC means that it is a digital content book and once the order is closed, an email will be sent to you from firstname.lastname@example.org with the instructions on how to access the book. You will not physically receive a book, this book is accessed all online.
- How can I keep up on all the updates pertaining to the Bookstore?
Please follow us on Facebook or one of our other social media pages to watch for updates or any other information you need to know.
- How can I contact the Bookstore?
Email the Bookstore at SDSU.Bookstore.CustService@sdstate.edu or call 605-688-4163.