Meet State Move-In
Our team and campus partners are planning to help you MEET STATE in August! Our new Jackrabbits will move in Friday, August 20. Updates will be posted online and students will receive additional details regarding move-in throughout the summer.
Choose Your Own Adventure
SDSU and the Brookings Community have many great resources for outdoor fun and entertainment. Check out these great locations and outdoor equipment rental opportunities:
- Dakota Nature Park/Larson Nature Center: This 135-acre park is great for hiking, biking, fishing, bird-watching, kayaking and so much more! Located at the corner of 22nd Avenue and 32nd Street, approximately 2 miles south of Walmart.
- McCrory Gardens Education and Visitors Center: 25-acre botanical garden, plus a 45-acre arboretum just on the edge of campus. Enjoy the beauty of the gardens, the sounds of water features or find a bench and enjoy a South Dakota summer afternoon. SDSU Students receive free admission with their ID.
- Gear Rentals at the Miller Wellness Center: Want to get out and enjoy the outdoors, but need the gear? The Miller Wellness Center has you covered at prices you can afford! Outdoor Programs offers a wide array of outdoor rental equipment available.
- Larson Park Disc Golf Course: Redesigned in May of 2020, this 20-hole course is located just blocks south of campus on 22nd Avenue. The park also features a basketball court and bike paths.
- Urban Canvas: In the heart of Downtown Brookings, large murals adorn the alleyways with vibrant illustrations. Take a stroll through downtown and snap a photo in front of your favorite mural!