Accounting, Banking and Financial, Economics Opportunities
Student Trainee (Economist) Position open in Huron, SD Summary - Positions are under the Pathways Student Internship Authority which is designed to provide students enrolled in a variety of educational institutions, from high school to graduate level, with paid work opportunities, from high school to graduate level, with paid opportunities in agencies to explore federal careers while in school. Students who are currently enrolled or accepted for enrollment on at least a half-time basis at a qualifying educational institution in a certificate, degree, or diploma program with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale. If you have any questions about these positions, please contact: email@example.com
The South Dakota DLR is looking for two Financial Institution Examiner Interns. Interns will work directly with an experienced team of trust and bank examiners to evaluate bank and trust company operations, business planning, risk management strategies and compliance. Will be a member of a team that is responsible for assessing financial institutions to determine whether they are following safe and sound banking / trust company practices, maintaining effective controls and procedures, managing their institutions effectively and complying with all applicable banking/trust company laws and regulations.
VRS in Brookings is looking for an upcoming December graduate with an interest in Accounting. They are searching for a quality person part-time this fall with the hope that they enjoy public accounting and could move into a full-time position in January after they graduate.
- FDIC Financial Institution Specialist – Full Time Position, Risk Management | This is a full time position which is open to people who graduate by June 30, 2022. To apply, students will need an overall GPA of 2.95. Positions are open in Omaha and Fargo locally as well as other locations throughout the United States. Starting salary of at least $53,355.
- FDIC Financial Institution Specialist – Full Time Position Compliance | This is a full time position which is open to people who graduate by June 30, 2022. To apply students will need an overall GPA of 2.95. Positions are open in Omaha and Sioux Falls locally as well as other locations throughout the United States. Starting salary of at least $53,355.
- Financial Management Scholars – Internship Summer 2022 with opportunities in Compliance and Risk Management | This internship is open to students who graduate from December 2022 to December 2023 with an overall GPA of 3.25. This position is located in the Division of Consumer Protection. Students will work alongside experienced bank examiners and will learn how to assess bank’s compliance with consumer protection laws. Locations include Omaha and Sioux Falls. Students will be paid $20 per hour and will receive a $2,500 stipend at the start of the summer.
- Financial Institution Intern – Summer 2022 (Risk Management) | This summer 2022 internship is open to students who graduate after December 2022 and will have completed at least 60 hours of course work by the end of Spring 2022. Minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher. Positions are available in Sioux Falls and Sioux City. Pay is $20 per hour and students will receive a $2,500 stipend at the start of the internship. This position is located in the Division of Risk Management and Supervision. Students will work alongside experienced bank examiners and will learn how to review the financial condition of banks. The application is currently open and will close on October 4. Eligible students are allowed to apply for both this internship and the Financial Management Scholars internship.
- First Dakota Bank is looking for individuals committed to serving our customers with excellence. They have full-time and part-time opportunities open across South Dakota. Learn more here.
- First Bank and Trust is looking to fill a variety of roles across the midwest. These include both part-time and full-time opportunities. From retail banking to business banking and agri-business banking, there are a variety of openings. View all opportunities here.
- Poet has a few internships they are looking to fill. The Accounting Intern will learn about financial business models, reasoning to support business decisions and the accounting complexity of the world’s largest producer of biofuels. This position is exposed to accounting principles, financial statement structure and may assist with daily, monthly and year-end reporting preparation and transactional activities. Read more about this role.
Farm Service Agency has the following Permanent CO Program Technician positions. The locations are listed below. These positions are open to all US Citizens and are located in Marshall Co, Britton, SD; Brookings Co, Brookings, SD;Union Co, Elk Point, SD; Lyman Co, Kennebec, SD; and McPherson Co, Leola, SD.
The Global Food Challenge internship program is a leadership development opportunity for college students, in the summer between their sophomore and junior year.
This 11-week internship allows you to work on a business consultation project with mentorship as you visit cooperatives in rural areas across the United States, the Minnesota State Capitol to connect with legislators, and internationally (location TBD) to learn how nonprofits and agribusinesses are working to advance agriculture. You’ll present your final project to a group of Land O’Lakes leaders at the end of your internship in August. Applications for the Summer 2022 Global Food Challenge internships are open now through October 24, 2021, 11:59 p.m. CST.
Miller South Dakota grain terminal had an open commercial position, Commodity Assistant, that would center around a supporting role to location and regional management with day to day responsibilities including commodity accounting, financial accounting, grain origination and purchasing, grain hedging and risk management, and client service in person and via phone. This individual would receive on the job training leading to responsibilities within the day to day commercial duties.
Individuals do not necessarily need a farm background, but should have a strong interest in making a career within the Ag Industry. ADM is a company that encourages personal responsibility, self-ownership, and decision making to drive local results vs. corporate directives, while providing individuals the ability to succeed in such an environment. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- SoDak Labs is looking for seasonal staff. Roles range from Receiving and Test Distribution, Test Initiation, Genetics Labs and Test Evaluation. These part-time positions are expected to work 10 or more hours a week with 2-hour minimum shifts.
- Dr. Zavaleta Cheek is looking to hire student worker for researchers Jennifer Zavaleta Cheek is a sustainable development scholar who uses quantitative and qualitative methods to better understand complex human-natural systems and advance human dignity. Her research interests are broad, ranging from food and agricultural systems, community forestry management and human dimensions of biodiversity conservation. Jennifer is dedicated to translating her research so that it can improve the lives of people in the communities where she works. To that end, she has participated in workshops to share her research findings with local stakeholders in Malawi and continues to stay engaged with partner NGOs at Revitalizing Rainfed Agriculture in India. In addition to her scholarship, Jennifer has shown a dedication to service and extension by leading committees and volunteering in the community.
Virchow Farms of Lake Preston is seeking a motivated individual to join our diversified operation. We are a cow/calf, feedlot and farming operation located in eastern South Dakota. Duties include all aspects of the cow herd and feedlot. Every day is a little different and monotony is not an issue. Work schedule is determined by the season with spring and fall being the busiest. We operate late model equipment and work in a heated shop. Email resume to apply.
First State Bank Southwest is seeking applicants for an Agricultural Loan Officer! Applicants should have: A passion for agriculture, ambition to manage and grow a loan portfolio, desire to be involved in community organizations and promote a positive image of the bank and strong management/leadership skills. Start the conversation by emailing your resume and cover letter!
Student Part-Time Opportunities:
The Daktronics Student Program offers current students a part-time 15 hr/wk job relating to your major so you can get professional experience while attending school! Talk to your advisor if you wish to obtain academic credit for your student role. Visit our Student Page to learn more!
Internship Co-op Opportunities:
The Daktronics Internship Program offers students a seven month, 40 hr/wk paid position where you will function like a full-time employee and jump-start your career with in-depth work experiences. Many interns earn academic credit for their internships, but we do not require that. May be done semester following graduation. These internships run mid-January– mid-August, 2022. Visit our Internships page to learn more!
- Accounting Intern (2021-4519) - Sioux Falls, SD
- Sales Intern (2021-4446) - Brookings, SD
- (We also have Sales Intern roles in Madison, WI; Charleston, SC; Phoenix, AZ; Houston & San Antonio, TX)
- Administrative Assistant (2021-4494) - Brookings, SD
- Business Operations Coordinator (2021-4561) - HOME OFFICE
SEASONAL/PT/SUMMER JOBS: Appropriate for Any Major! Any GPA! Any Career Goals!
- Assembler Part-Time (M-TH, 4:30pm - 9:30pm) - Brookings, SD
- Assembler - Part-Time/Flex (2021-4496) - Brookings, SD
- The South Dakota Legislature is currently in search of 22 college students to serve as interns during the upcoming 2022 South Dakota Legislative Session. Interns provide the legislators with the assistance they need to survive the rigors of a hectic legislative session. While in Pierre, interns can observe the lawmaking process in action, learn about the many issues confronting the state and may earn college credit all at the same time.
- Lynn, Jackson, Shultz and Lebrun, P.C. law firm seeks an enthusiastic, diligent, and motivated individual for a full‐time Paralegal/Legal Assistant position to work in the Litigation Area in our Sioux Falls office. We offer a completive salary and benefit package and a professional work environment.
- Helsper, McCarty and Rasmussen, P.C. is seeking a full-time Legal Assistant with duties to include: document preparation and management, correspondence, calendars, filing and other related clerical duties. The position requires excellent communication and organizational skills as well as attention to detail. Applicants should be proficient in MS Office applications and be able to transcribe dictation.
- Farmers Implement and Irrigation is currently hiring a Sales Support and Marketing Coordinator. This position has responsibility for marketing, promotions and supporting sales for our growing dealership.
- Mills Property Management is seeking a Marketing Intern to assist with content including graphics. This person will assist with managing the company's online presence including advertising on social media platforms.
- HME Management Services is looking for a Digital Marketing Coordinator. The position will be responsible for the digital advertising and content creation functions of the Marketing Division for HME and its entities. They will design, execute, monitor and analyze advertisements on digital media platforms, create video content for advertising and manage multiple websites.
- HIRECLICK is looking for a Digital Marketing Manager to that will develop, implement, track and optimize our marketing efforts across all digital channels. The ideal candidate will be versed in web design, content development, direct marketing (email) and social media. In this role, you'll be able help to create and implement the vision and roadmap of our company and core product.
- Persona is seeking an individual who is creative and independent to fill the role as Marketing Coordinator. The right applicant will thrive on the challenges of creating new material and updating current ads
- PREMIER Bankcard is seeking to fill a Marketing Coordinator position. This role contributes to the initiatives of the PREMIER Bankcard Marketing Department. This includes support of the acquisition channels of Direct, Digital, Brand and New Business, as well as Competitor Benchmarking and Portfolio Management and Development initiatives.
- Raven Precision Ag is searching for a Training Content Development intern for Summer 2022. In this role, you would develop training content to help customers better understand the precision Ag technologies coming to the market through online and classroom materials. This content will also be used by their training team in the field with customers.
Human Resources Opportunities
Query.AI is seeking an HR Intern to provide support for important recruitment projects. The ideal candidate is a dynamic, assertive, results oriented individual with great communication skills who can learn quickly and work independently with minimal supervision. The HR Intern will be in charge of recruiting new hires for Query.AI by utilizing LinkedIn and networking for the company. This position will filter through potential candidates, reach out to them, and organize meetings for introductions, interviews, more. This job does have the potential to become a full-time position. If you have any questions or would like to apply, submit a resume by email to Dhiraj Sharan.