Ness School of Management & Economics Virtual Career Fair
Register NOW for the Ness School of Management and Economics Virtual Career Fair! Sign up for Group and 1:1 Sessions!
See details and resource links below. Be sure to use these resources to help you navigate and prepare for the fair:
- Watch Career Development’s Virtual Career Fair Guide Video 1 (5 minutes) to learn how to navigate the fair: https://youtu.be/0V9dXSgzqRU
- Watch Career Development’s Virtual Career Fair Guide Video 2 (7 minutes) to learn how to upload your resume and build your Profile: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkvmdfUtz0U
What: Ness School of Management and Economics Virtual Career Fair
When: 11:00 am to 3:00 pm Central on Tuesday, Oct. 20
Where: Handshake at https://sdstate.joinhandshake.com/career_fairs/19567 (First, activate your Handshake account at https://sdstate.joinhandshake.com/login with your MyState credentials and SDSU Sign-0n.)
Who: SDSU students with majors/minors/certifications in the Ness School of Management and Economics
Cost: Free for students
Why: Connect virtually with recruiters offering internships and full-time positions. Learn about graduate school opportunities. Recruiters are eager to talk with you!
How: Follow these steps:
- Activate your Handshake account: Go to https://sdstate.joinhandshake.com/login and use your MyState username and password to log into the South Dakota State University Sign-on blue button. (If this does not work, contact Career Development at Careers@sdstate.edu or 605-688-4425. DO NOT create an account. You already have one in Handshake. We’ll help you access it if you’re having trouble.
- Register for the Fair: Events à Fair Search à Select the Fair à Register
- Review the Employers. See their information in Handshake. Use Filters to refine your search for employers that match your major, industry and more.
- Sign up for Sessions: Click on the Employer Name à Available Sessions à Select Group Sessions (informational sessions) AND/OR 1-on-1 Individual Sessions with all employers that interest you. Attend as many Group Sessions as you can to learn about as many employers as you can.
- Review and update your Handshake Profile. Add your photo to personalize it. Set it to Visible. (Click on your account icon in upper right-hand corner of Handshake. Pull down to Profile.) A thorough Profile is important because employers are able to view this. NOTE: Edit your graduation year, if needed. Watch our how-to video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkvmdfUtz0U
- Upload your Resume. (Click on your account icon in upper right-hand corner of Handshake. Pull down to Add New Document. Select “Feature on Profile.”) You also can select to “Build Profile from Resume.” Before the fair, employers will be able to download and review your resume from their fair schedule. Watch our how-to video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkvmdfUtz0U
- Before the fair, check your technology. Plan to use Google Chrome or Firefox. (Safari will not work.) For more tech tips, go to https://support.joinhandshake.com/hc/en-us/articles/360051037914-Handshake-Video-Requirements-Troubleshooting-Students-
- On the day of the fair, log into Handshake. You will see notifications/video links of Your Sessions that you signed up to attend. The audio, video and chat features in Handshake are very similar to Zoom features.
Be sure to attend when you are scheduled. If a conflict arises, be sure to cancel your reservation in advance. No-shows the day of the fair will reflect poorly on you, COE and the University.
- Mobile App: Navigate the fair and research registered employers by downloading the free Handshake mobile app from the Apple App Store or Google Play.
- Required: Professional attire, computer or mobile device, Internet access, a quiet space
- Hosts: Ness School of Management and Economics and Office of Career Development
- Questions? Contact Career Development at 605-688-4425 or Careers@sdstate.edu.