South Dakota Bankers Foundation and BankStar Scholarship
BankStar Financial and the South Dakota Bankers Foundation have teamed up to award a $2000 scholarship for the 2021-2022 school year. To be eligible for this scholarship, you must currently be entering your Junior or Senior year at a South Dakota University or entering your second year at a South Dakota Technical College during the 2021-2022 school year. You must also have an expressed interest in banking/financial services. The application deadline is March 26, 2021. Find more information and the application here.
Commodity Broker | Producers Livestock/ Producers Commodities LLC
The objective of this position: To contribute to the goals and objectives of the Company by providing and administering commodity brokerage services, Hedge Contract programs, and other Company programs to an assigned customer base; To provide education, market information, and consultation to members or prospective members which may be applicable to their specific risk management needs; To provide training and market information to staff; To conduct public presentations on the use of the futures market as a risk management tool.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Conduct commodities programs and transactions within applicable regulations, rules and procedures governed and prescribed by National Producers Service Company, NFA, the Commodities Exchange and other regulatory agencies.
- Conduct and market commodities-based programs and services through direct customer contact and solicitation, company program referrals, staff referrals or other industry referrals and contacts.
- Provide education, training, information and consultation to members and staff pertaining to commodities transactions.
- Be constantly aware of the many issues and events affecting agricultural markets; be able to communicate these factors and how they affect a customer's risk management needs.
- Education or experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture or a related field
- Have or be able to achieve a Series 3 commodities license within 90 days of employment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and accounting skills
- Strong computer skills or skill level that will enable the development of strong skills
- Strong agricultural background with knowledge of production costs
Student Part-Time Opportunities:
The Daktronics Student Program offers current students a part-time 15 hr/wk job relating to your major so you can get professional experience while attending school! Talk to your advisor if you wish to obtain academic credit for your student role. Visit our Student Page to learn more!
Internship Co-op Opportunities:
The Daktronics Internship Program offers students a seven month, 40 hr/wk paid position where you will function like a full-time employee and jump-start your career with in-depth work experiences. Many interns earn academic credit for their internships, but we do not require that. May be done semester following graduation. These internships run 18 May – 18 December, 2020. Visit our Internships page to learn more!
- 2021-4243 Sales Intern - Brookings, SD
- 2021-4250 Sales Intern - Phoenix, AZ
- 2021-4251 Sales Intern - Madison, WI
- 2021-4242 Accounting Intern - Sioux Falls, SD Brookings would be an okay location, too
Summer Jobs: Appropriate for Any Major! Any GPA! Any Career Goals!
- 2021-4225 Seasonal Assembler - Summer 2021 - Brookings, SD
- 2021-4245 Seasonal Assembler - Summer 2021 - Sioux Falls, SD
First Bank & Trust | Vault Internships
These internships offered by First Bank & Trust provide interns with paid training, a passionate work culture, and a healthy work/life balance. Make connections in your future career field and build your professional and banking skills while enjoying your experience with First Bank & Trust.
Universal Banking Interns (Hiring 2)
As an intern, this person will learn first-hand what careers in community banking involve and will engage in a rotation through core departments including Retail Banking and Consumer, Business, Ag, and Mortgage Lending.
Throughout the rotation, this person will gain insight into a variety of business units including Insurance and Wealth Management as well as experience what happens “behind the scenes” in Credit Review and Operations.
Project Management Intern
This position works as part of a team who supports corporate change management initiatives. This may include the opportunity to implement and/or refine tracking mechanisms, set up and provide reports and reporting tools, evaluate processes and process flows, as well as contribute to the development of processes or participate in projects under supervision.
Business Analyst Intern
Overall responsibilities include: Assisting the BI department with work that includes designing, maintaining, and automating reports and delivery; testing results; researching data sources; assisting internal customers in the use of automated business intelligence tools and technology.
Learn more about all of these and some full-time positions here.
South Dakota Native Homeownership Coalition
After working as an informal coalition for the past seven years, we are now working towards becoming an independent, standing-alone organization. We have created the Program Director position to support and manage this transition.
- Work with the Executive Committe to establish the structure of the new nonprofit organization, including the establishment of the Board of Directors.
- Manage the Coalition's organizational development process including incorporation and adoption of bylaws.
- Support the Coalition's Executive Committee, Steering Committee and eventually the newly created Board of Directors.
- Support the Coalition's volunteer working committees, in coordination with Coalition's consultant facilitators, including developing and tracking committee milestones and work plans, preparing committee call minutes, and preparing monthly reports.
- Provide grants management support.
- Oversee evaluation and impact tracking data collection efforts in coordination with evaluation consultant.
Minnwest Bank | Portfolio Manager I or II
Minnwest Bank is seeking a full-time Portfolio Manager for our Downtown Montevideo, MN location. Portfolio Managers have a critical role in providing a knock-out customer experience and ensuring that our customers are our first priority. Portfolio Managers manage their own credit portfolio and cross-sell other bank services, primarily deposit accounts and treasury management services. You will team with other Portfolio Managers and Relationship Managers to assist with relationship management, ongoing customer communication and active cross selling of related products/services. This position is responsible for originating and servicing agricultural loans in accordance with the bank’s service standards and loan policy.
Learn more about this position and more here.
4-H Summer Assistant Positions
Gregory County 4-H Summer Assistant
The position will support the work of the Gregory County 4-H Program. The summer assistant will host educational workshops, complete clerical tasks, and help with 4-H events. This position will include 480 to 560 hours between May 12th and August 18th. It requires flexible scheduling for some evening and weekend work.
Tripp County 4-H Summer Assistant
The position will support the work of the Tripp County 4-H Program. The summer assistant will host educational workshops, complete clerical tasks, and help with 4-H events. This position will include 480 to 560 hours between May 12th and August 18th. It requires flexible scheduling for some evening and weekend work.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and an application form.
Risk Management Association Foundation Scholarship
The 2021-2022 RMA Foundation Scholarship Program is now accepting applications from students. This scholarship award is for students in an undergraduate program who are interested in working in the banking industry after graduation. The RMA Foundation is awarding over $200,000 annually in scholarships ranging from $1,500 to $8,000. As a not-for-profit, member-driven professional association, RMA promotes a community of like-minded banking professionals who share ideas and experiences to advance the use of sound risk management principles in the financial services industry. The deadline to apply is March 31, 2021. For more information, you can view the flyer here, or view the scholarship homepage.