The Wintrode Student Success Center is offering Registration Help Sessions between March 23rd and April 8th. During these Zoom drop-in sessions, students can ask questions and get to know the registration process on the Self-Service platform. Students will need to meet with their academic advisors and have their advising hold removed prior to attending these sessions.
This is a very busy season for advising especially when it comes to students requesting unofficial transcripts for scholarship applications, insurance verifications, etc. Please remember that all transcript requests must be made through the Registrar's Office. Please be patient with Faculty and Staff during this busy time for all of us.
1098T Forms: If you or a guardian are claiming education credit when filing taxes this spring you will need a 1098T form. To access this form you can find the link to it through MyState by entering 1098T in the search bar. If you have any more questions about this topic please contact the Cashier's Office at 605-688-6116 or email@example.com.
Spring 2021 Commencement
For those planning to graduate this spring semester or participate in the spring commencement ceremony make sure you RSVP through MyState. On your MyState Dashboard Tab under the Forms section, find Diploma Order Request. Then submit you RSVP and enter your diploma pickup and mailing information. The deadline to RSVP is April 23, 2021 To order a cap and gown CB Grad and enter your school information and select May as your ceremony month. From there go to the Products tab and order your cap and gown. (Note: your tassel color will be automatically selected based on your degree.)
Commencement ceremonies will be held in Dana J. Dykhouse Stadium (times TBA). Saturday May 8th will be Associates, Bachelor's Master's, and Doctoral degrees from the colleges of:
- Agriculture, Food and Environmental Sciences
- Natural Sciences
- Arts, Humanities, and Social Science
Sunday May 9th will be Associates, Bachelor's, Master's and Doctoral degrees from the colleges of:
- Education and Human Sciences
- Pharmacy and Allied Health Professions
More informations and updates as they come can be found on the Graduation Website.
- How will COVID-19 affect the ceremony? We are committed to hosting in-person ceremonies for our graduates. Plans are fluid and dates, times, and locations are subject to change as they will evolve with the ever-changing environment created by COVID-19. Ceremonies will be held with the health and safety of everyone in mind and will incorporate mask wearing, social distancing, and proper spacing for both graduates and guests. We plan to provide traditional elements such as speakers from across campus representing the President’s Office, Academic Affairs, respective colleges, SDSU Alumni Association, South Dakota Board of Regents and more. Student speakers that were nominated and selected to speak at commencement will also be featured.
- How many tickets do we get for family/friends to attend? We do not have a firm number of guests at this time, but likely 4-6 will be permitted. Tickets will be provided digitally to the participating graduate closer to the ceremony date. Guest seats will be assigned to accommodate social distancing requirements.
- Will my name appear in the program? The names of all spring graduation candidates will be printed in the Commencement program, regardless of whether you attend the ceremony. Your name will only be read if you attend and walk across the stage.