Community Outreach & Engagement
The College of Natural Sciences connects with community members and organizations to advance the University's institutional goal to "Grow the University’s external engagement through extension, collaborative service, community outreach, alumni relations, and public-private partnerships that enhance the quality of life in South Dakota and beyond."
We strive to:
- Ensure that communities have a voice in defining the University’s external engagement activities.
- Align academic and outreach programming across the university to optimize institutional efforts to support tribal communities and underserved populations.
- Increase engagement with K-12 schools at the local, state, and national levels.
- Build reciprocal relationships with industry partners.
- Celebrate, promote, and communicate the results and impact of engagement activities.
Our programs outlined below exemplify the alignment of academic and outreach programming across the college. Combining the engagement of students, staff, faculty, and community partners, we work collaboratively to benefit our learning communities through educational outreach and professional development.
Our outreach programs are available for K-12 schools at the local, state, and national levels.
Opportunities for K-12 Teachers