The SDState Wildlife and Fisheries Conservation Club (WFCC) is a student organization with a long history of professional and public service. The Club is a student chapter of The Wildlife Society and a student subunit of the American Fisheries Society.
The Club was organized in 1940 and has been active since that time.
The Annual Buffalo Banquet is one of the major Club activities. The Banquet, held annually since 1950, requires a lot of planning and participation by Club members. Each year an individual is selected to be the main speaker at the Buffalo Banquet.
- Bimonthly during the academic year.
- Maintaining Conservation Park, a 27-acre area on the Big Sioux River approximately 6 miles south of Brookings
- Maintaining nesting structures
- Attending student conclaves
- FFA testing
- Planning and conducting other club social events
- Obtaining outside speakers for meetings
- List of past club officers.