A Ph.D. degree in Biological Sciences develops students for professional upper-level management, research and administrative positions with state and federal agencies, non-governmental organizations and private companies. This degree also prepares students for the teaching, research and service component responsibilities needed for faculty positions with universities and colleges. While coursework is involved, this educational experience is primarily based on research and mentoring. This degree requires original thought and research contributions, synthesis and development of information and contributions to the world and its biological resources.
Is it for you?
- Want to lead original research?
- Want to educate and mentor students?
- Want to make a difference in biological sciences?
- Excel working as a team and individually?
- University Professor
- Research Scientist
- State and Federal Manager/Director/Program Leader
- Professional Consultant
- Professional Society Administrator
For more information about this degree, please see the SDSU Catalog.
For questions, please contact: Michele Dudash or Kate Tvedt
South Dakota State University
Natural Resource Management
Brookings, SD 57007