- Grounds Use - All users of Oak Lake are assessed a grounds-use fee.
- Academic group1: $1.25/person per day
- Non-Academic group1: $2.50/person per day
- Academic: $5/person
- Non-Academic: $15/person
- Dining Hall, House3
- Academic: $12.50 minimum + $1/person over minimum
- Non-Academic: $50 minimum + $1/person over minimum
- Bunkhouse, N Classroom3
- Academic: $7.50 minimum + $1/person over minimum
- Non-Academic: $30 minimum + $1/person over minimum
- Classroom, Laboratory3
- Academic: $6 minimum + $1/person over minimum
- Non-Academic: $25 minimum + $1/person over minimum
- Canoes4 - total 8 canoes available
- Academic: $2.50/day per canoe
- Non-Academic: $15/day per canoe
- Motorized Boat with Trailer (academic use only by permission) - $40/day + Fuel
- EZ Go Utility Cart with Tilt Bed (academic use only by permission) - $10/day + Fuel
- Mesocosm Array (academic use only by permission) - $40/week
1Academic groups are those engaged in recognized educational programs through public/private schools, colleges and universities. Non-academic groups are those engaged in all other private, civic and religious programs.
2Overnight charges are assessed per person per day.
3Groups are charged a minimum building fee for up to 30 individuals. Larger groups (>30) are charged an additional $1 amount per person per day according to the figure to the left of the minimum charge. For example, a group of 32 people (non-academic) renting the dining hall would pay $52 per day.
4Canoes may be rented at the listed rates per day. Each canoe holds 3 people. Life vests and paddles are included within the rental fee. South Dakota State University assumes no responsibility for accidents related to the use of canoes.
Sales Tax: Facility and Equipment Fee and 9% sales tax, if applicable, will be billed after use. Please refer to the following tax exempt entities.
- Indian Tribes
- United States Government Agencies
- State of South Dakota
- Public or Municipal Corporations of South Dakota
- Municipal or Volunteer Fire or Ambulance Depts
- Public Schools, University, Technical Institutes of SD
- Non-profit Hospitals
- Relief Agencies
- SD Religious and Private Schools