As a part of its land-grant mission, South Dakota State university (SDSU) strives to serve the state of South Dakota by broadening access and opportunity to the benefits of higher education for all people. Thus, here at the Office of Multicultural affairs, we have a commitment to aid in the assurance that all students have access to academic excellence, have the opportunity to learn and grow in a safe, welcoming and inclusive environment and leave the university with the skills, perspectives and abilities to serve as leaders in their future work, communities and society.
- Provide a welcoming environment for all students
- Implement multicultural and diversity educational programs to the campus community
- Support students in their academic and personal success
- Advocate for underrepresented populations in and around the Brookings community
- Computer lab with free printing up to 10 pages maximum per day
- Study space and conference room
- Student success and support programs
- Advising services
- Weekend programs and social activities
- FAFSA Workshop
- National Student Exchange
- Disability Services
The Multicultural Center is located in the upper level of the University Student Union - Room 271. The Office of Multicultural Affairs is open to all. Bring some friends to the center to attend a club meeting or just to have a quiet place to study!
The mission of the South Dakota State University LGBTQIA+ Resource Center is to provide community and campus resources to LGBTQIA+ students, faculty and staff at our university as well as residents of the Brookings community.
The Multicultural Center provides various clubs and student organizations that students can attend. Click the link to view more information on what the organizations offer to students and community members!