Updated on November 13, 2020.
The University COVID-19 response team recently met about concerns with the continued spread of COVID-19 and the impact it is having on the community, the campus and our health care systems. We are nearing our goal of on-campus instruction until Thanksgiving break and feel confident we will reach that goal, but none-the-less it is important that we continue to monitor the situation. It was therefore determined that for to help mitigate against the further spread of the virus we are postponing or cancelling certain events scheduled through November:
- Pool will remain closed until further notice.
- Courts will be closed until further notice. This includes volleyball, basketball, pickleball and racquetball.
- Intramural activities are postponed for the remainder of the semester and will be re-scheduled when conditions and/or a protocol for completing the competitions is identified during Spring Semester.
Fitness & Recreation Reopening Plan
As part of a gradual reestablishment plan, the SDSU Wellness Center will be reopening in a phased approach for SDSU students and members. Limited hours began Monday, June 1, 2020, with additional amenities becoming available on July 20, 2020.
Our 2020 - 2021 Academic Hours began on Saturday August, 15. Operating hours will be:
- Monday - Thursday: 5 a.m.-1 p.m. and 3-11 p.m.
- Friday: 5 a.m.-1 p.m. and 3-10 p.m.
- Saturday: 7 a.m.-1 p.m. and 3-8 p.m.
- Sunday: 9 a.m.-1 p.m. and 3-10 p.m.
For information on area-specific hours, please visit the link below:
Precautions are being enacted to provide a safe environment so our members have an opportunity to resume an active lifestyle. Cleaning will be conducted during regular intervals throughout the day, as well as deep cleaning during our daily 1-3 p.m. facility closures. Wellness Center staff will follow CDC, as well as American College of Sports Medicine and American College Health Association guidelines.
All students and members will be required to sign a new waiver, which can be found on the Wellness Center portal or in the SDState Wellness Center App. To sign the waiver online you will just need to sign-in & you will be prompted to sign our waiver.
The waiver can also be signed during your first visit.
- Guidelines and expectations for patrons and staff to create a safe work-out environment:
- Patrons experiencing a cough, fever, body aches or other COVID-19 symptoms are not to use the facility until recovered.
- Patrons who have had contact with someone exhibiting these symptoms are also asked to refrain from using the Wellness Center.
- All patrons are to use the northeast entrance only.
- Clear plastic service windows will protect patrons and staff at all check-in locations.
- Practice 6-foot social distancing guidelines at all times while circulating in the facility.
- Equipment will be marked off, or moved, to adhere to appropriate social distancing.
- The free-weight area will have individualized workout spaces indicated by floor markings.
- An area for patrons with high-risk factors will be available and designated with signage.
- Patrons will be directed to wipe or spray down equipment prior to, and after, each use.
- Patrons are asked to complete their workout and depart the facility without any unnecessary socializing.
- At this time, no new members or short-term passes will be permitted.
- Access to the climbing wall and pool will be phased in at a later date.
- Limited in-person group fitness classes will be offered.
- Locker rooms and showers will not be open in this initial phase; only the restroom components of these facilities will be accessible.
Face Covering Protocol
Effective on August 1, 2020 South Dakota State University implemented a campus wide face covering protocol. This protocol requires all campus facility users to wear a face covering. For information regarding this protocol please visit the University's Face Covering Protocol Page.
The Miller Wellness Center's face covering protocol will be as follows:
Face coverings must be worn when:
- Entering the facility
- Transitioning through the facility
- Exiting the facility
Face covering may be removed when:
- You are under physical exertion
- It is a situation where wearing a covering comprises your safety and welfare
Effective Monday, August 10, 2020 any facility user who does not adhere to the protocols outlined above will not be granted access to the facility or will be asked to leave the facility.
All patrons must spray and wipe down equipment in the Miller Wellness Center prior to, and after, each use. Sanitation supplies are available throughout the facility.
Additional information regarding best practices when using a fitness facility in a pandemic environment are available at on the American College of Sports Medicine website and the American College Health Association website.
Pre-registration is now required for all group fitness classes and use of the climbing wall. To register, log in to the member portal or download the Wellness Center App for easy access to fitness class listings, upcoming events, facility information and more! Find the app in Google Play and the App Store.
Due to limited spots available per class, pre-registration is now required for group fitness classes. Follow the link for more information on how to register.
The Miller Wellness Center Climbing Wall will require all patrons who wish to climb to register for an open climb time. Time slots are 50 minutes and users may register for up to two 50 minute climbs (may be back-to-back) per day. We may only accommodate up to 8 climbers per 50 minutes.
- Q: Which amenities are available?
A: Locker rooms & towel service, track, & strength and cardio equipment. Court 4 is being used for high-risk populations, Racquetball courts for table tennis & the MAC for group fitness classes,
- Q: Which amenities are not available?
A: Basketball courts, Racquetball courts (for racquetball), fitness studios, drinking fountains (bottle fillers still available) and communal mats.
The pool will also remained closed until further notice for maintenance.
- Q: Who has access to the facility?
A: SDState students and Wellness Center members have access to the facility.
New memberships, guest passes and multi-visit passes may be purchased at the Welcome Desk.
- Q: Do all SDSU students have access?
A: Any student registered for any credit at SDSU during the Fall 2020 semester is granted access through December 31st. Students registered for Spring 2021 will be granted access beginning January 2nd.
This includes online, dual-credit and AP credits.
- Q: What precautions should I take?
A: The wearing of a face covering is required when entering, transitioning, and exiting the facility, but not while exercising. Users are highly encouraged to wipe off equipment before, and after use, for their own safety as well as the safety of other patrons.
- Q: Are you limiting the amount of people in the building at one time?
A: Signage will be posted throughout the facility stating the number of people who will be allowed in one space at the same time. Benches and machines have been moved to encourage social distancing. Floor markings will also assist in keeping an appropriate distance from other patrons.
- Q: Will there be in-person group fitness classes?
A: Yes, a limited number of group fitness classes will be offered and will be held on the MAC. Participants will scan in at the Welcome Desk before entering the MAC through the glass doors in the North hallway. A schedule for all classes can be found on the Group Fitness website.
- Q: Do I need to pre-register for group fitness classes?
A: Yes, pre-registration is now required for group fitness classes. There are limited spots available per class. For more information on registration please visit the page below:
- Q: Who do I contact for membership questions?
A: Please contact the Wellness Center’s general email for all membership questions. We may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or 605-688-5521.
- Q: Will my membership be extended if I already paid in full? (Due to the temporary closure)
A: Yes, annual memberships (paid in full) will be manually extended by 80 days (length of closure). If your membership expired during the closure, your membership will be extended by the number of days you had remaining starting on June 1, 2020. Example: if your membership expired on April 1, 2020, your membership will be extended by 18 days (from June 1, 2020) and your new expiration date will be June 18, 2020.
- Q: When will EFT and payroll deductions be resumed?
A: Both EFT and payroll deductions were resumed in July and reflect your normal membership and locker rates.
- Q: Can I use day or multi-visit passes to access the facility?
A: Yes. Day pass and multi-visit pass holders will be able to access the Wellness Center.
Newly purchased multi-visit passes may only be used by one individual. Previously purchased multi-visit passes may continue to be used by multiple users, however, no new users may be added to a pass.
- Q: Who can park in the parking lot?
A: All paid memberships come with one parking permit per user to be used in the NE Wellness Center lot. There are designated spots marked for members to park when using the facility. In addition, students and employees with a commuter pass can park in the WC lot. Day pass users and multi-visit pass users will not receive a permit and are subject to ticketing.
- Q: Where should I park if I don’t have a parking permit?
A: Non-permit holding users should park in the economy lot on the east side of the stadium to the south of UPD. Another option is to utilize the Union pay lot to the south of the Wellness Center. Parking is enforced Monday-Friday from 7 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Q: Am I able to change in the locker rooms or shower after my workout?
A: Student's and members may use the locker rooms to change and shower. Each locker room will have a maximum capacity. Lockers inside the locker rooms will remain locked and may only be used by those who are renting lockers. You may purchase a locker rental (includes towel service) at the Welcome Desk. Towel service without a locker is also available or an individual towel is $1. The restrooms in each of the locker rooms are also accessible.
- Q: Am I able to use a locker in the locker rooms?
A. Locker room lockers are now for rent only. Lockers that are not currently rented will remain locked.
- Q: Are day lockers available for use?
A: Day lockers are available for use. Cubbies are also located throughout the facility in which you may store your personal belongings. It is highly encouraged that you bring as little as possible into the facility in order to complete your workout.
- Q: Will I be able to check out equipment?
A: Fitness equipment is available to be checked out.
Recreational equipment such as basketballs, volleyballs, or soccer balls will not be available for checkout until further notice.
Pickleball, badminton and table tennis packages are available for rent at weekly prices.
- Q: Can I use the gym courts?
A: As decided by administration, courts 2 and 3 are not available for use.
Court 1 will remain open for the use of cardio equipment.
- Q: When will the climbing wall open?
A: The Climbing Wall re-opened on August 24, 2020.
For more information on the re-open please visit our Climbing Wall page.
- Q: When will the pool open?
A: The Pool is closed until further notice for maintenance. Please visit our Aquatics page for more information.
- Q: Are you hosting birthday parties or external events?
A: At this time we will not be hosting birthday parties or any external events. Visit our Reservations & Events page for more information.
- Q: Are you still offering fitness bundles or outdoor equipment rentals?
A: We are still offering spin bike and outdoor equipment rentals. These rentals are in addition to, and not included in, your membership.
Please call 605-697-9355 or email email@example.com with any questions.