Miller Wellness Center COVID-19 Updates
All students and members will be required to sign a new waiver, which can be found on the Wellness Center portal or in the SDState Wellness Center App. To sign the waiver online you will just need to sign-in & you will be prompted to sign our waiver.
The waiver can also be signed during your first visit.
- Guidelines and expectations for patrons and staff to create a safe work-out environment:
- Patrons experiencing a cough, fever, body aches or other COVID-19 symptoms are not to use the facility until recovered.
- Patrons who have had contact with someone exhibiting these symptoms are also asked to refrain from using the Wellness Center.
- Clear plastic service windows will protect patrons and staff at all check-in locations.
- Please practice a 6-foot social distance while circulating in the facility.
- Patrons will be directed to wipe or spray down equipment prior to, and after, each use.
- Patrons are asked to complete their workout and depart the facility without any unnecessary socializing.
Face Covering Protocol
Updated on May 10, 2021
Effective on May 10, 2021 face coverings became optional at the Miller Wellness Center.
All patrons are asked to spray and wipe down equipment in the Miller Wellness Center prior to, and after, each use. Sanitation supplies are available throughout the facility.
Additional information regarding best practices when using a fitness facility in a pandemic environment are available at on the American College of Sports Medicine website and the American College Health Association website.
Pre-registration is recommended for in-person group fitness classes and required for online group fitness classes.
To register, log in to the member portal or download the Wellness Center App for easy access to fitness class listings, upcoming events, facility information and more! Find the app in Google Play and the App Store.
Pre-registration is recommended for in-person group fitness classes.
Students and patrons who wish to participate in online group fitness classes must register in order to receive their Zoom link.
Follow the link for more information on how to register.
The Miller Wellness Center Climbing Wall does not require patrons to register for a climb time. Patrons who wish to climb may drop-in during our open hours, register in-person, and climb for as long as they please.
- Q: Which amenities are not available?
A: At this time, all amenities should be available.
- Q: Who has access to the facility?
A: SDSU students and Miller Wellness Center members have access to the facility.
New memberships, guest passes and multi-visit passes may be purchased in the Wellness Center office weekdays from 8am-5pm.
- Q: Do all SDSU students have access?
A: Students registered in any class at SDSU for the summer and fall of 2021 are granted access.
Access will be given to registrations for online, dual-credit and AP credits through SDSU.
Anyone not registered for classes under any of the conditions stated above must purchase a membership.
- Q: What precautions should I take?
A: The wearing of a face covering is optional. Users are highly encouraged to wipe off equipment before, and after use, for their own safety as well as the safety of other patrons.
Any individuals who are feeling ill or showing symptoms are asked to refrain from entering the facility.
- Q: Are you limiting the amount of people in the building at one time?
A: Capacities will not be enforced throughout the building. If interested, please see our live facility counts below.
- Q: Are there in-person group fitness classes?
A: Yes, group fitness classes are offered and held in our 2 fitness studio's. A schedule for all classes can be found on the Group Fitness website.
- Q: Who do I contact for membership questions?
A: Please contact the Wellness Center’s general email for all membership questions. We may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or 605-688-5521.
- Q: Can I use day or multi-visit passes to access the facility?
A: Yes. Day pass and multi-visit pass holders will be able to access the Miller Wellness Center.
Newly purchased multi-visit passes may only be used by one individual. Previously purchased multi-visit passes may continue to be used by multiple users, however, no new users may be added to a pass.
- Q: Who can park in the parking lot?
A: All paid memberships come with one parking permit per user to be used in the NE Wellness Center lot. There are designated spots marked for members to park when using the facility. In addition, students and employees with a commuter pass can park in the WC lot. Day pass users and multi-visit pass users will not receive a permit and are subject to ticketing.
- Q: Where should I park if I don’t have a parking permit?
A: Non-permit holding users should park in the economy lot on the east side of the stadium to the south of UPD. Another option is to utilize the Union pay lot to the south of the Wellness Center. Parking is enforced Monday-Friday from 7 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Q: Am I able to change in the locker rooms or shower after my workout?
A: Student's and members may use the locker rooms to change and shower. Towel service without a locker is also available or an individual towel is $1. The restrooms in each of the locker rooms are also accessible.
- Q: Am I able to use a locker in the locker rooms?
A. Downstairs locker room lockers are for rent only. You may purchase a locker rental (includes towel service) at the Welcome Desk. Lockers that are not currently rented will remain locked.
- The first inlet of lockers in each first floor locker room will be unlocked for public use.
- Second floor locker room lockers will remain unlocked.
- Q: Are day lockers available for use?
A: Day lockers are available for use. Cubbies are also located throughout the facility in which you may store your personal belongings. It is highly encouraged that you bring as little as possible into the facility in order to complete your workout.
Patrons are asked to wipe out the locker after use.
- Q: Can I check out equipment?
A: All equipment is available for checkout.
Equipment will be sanitized after each use.
- Q: Can I use the gym courts?
A: All courts are available for use at this time.
- Q: Are you hosting birthday parties or external events?
A: The Miller Wellness Center may host birthday parties, University events, and external events at a limited capacity.
Visit our Reservations & Events page for more information.
- Q: Do you offer outdoor equipment rentals?
A: We are offering outdoor equipment rentals.
Please call 605-697-9355 or email email@example.com with any questions.