Free for SDSU students and visitors!
Rabbit Ride is a safe method of transportation for SDState students, Brookings community members and visitors. Rabbit Ride is a partnership between the SDSU Wellness Center, The SDSU Students’ Association, Brookings Area Transit Authority, the SD office of Highway Safety and the City of Brookings.
Rabbit Ride program goals:
- To provide a safe ride home to potentially impaired drivers.
- To keep the streets of Brookings safe.
- To reduce the number of DWI convictions in Brookings.
- To decrease the number of underage and high-risk alcohol drinking convictions.
Rabbit Ride operates during the academic year on Friday and Saturday evening from 9PM until approximately 2:30AM. Rabbit Ride utilizes the “TapRide” app for on demand ride requests. You can reserve a ride by downloading “TapRide” in the Apple or Google Play stores. Once downloaded, open the app and select “South Dakota State University”. To request a ride, log into the app using your Single Sign On (SSO).
Rabbit Ride Rules:
- Be respectful to the drivers, Rabbit Ride Monitors, other passengers and the BATA bus at all times.
- Do not leave any garbage and ensure you have all possessions before exiting (especially keys and cell phone).
- No tobacco products are permitted including smokeless tobacco and vapor-based products.
- No food or drink (opened or unopened beverages)
- Rabbit Ride reserves the right to refuse service to anyone exhibiting unacceptable behavior
- All riders must comply to the BATA Passenger Handbook
Download The TapRide App!
Thank you to our sponsors
- Wooden Legs Brewing Co.
- The Wild Hare
- 9 Bar & Night Club
- Brookings Property Management
- George's Pizza
- Buffalo Wild Wings
- Students' Association
- Ray's Corner
- Cubby's Sports Bar & Grill
- Southland Court Apartments
- Innovation Village
- Mills Property Management
- State Farm Kevin Witte