- Brookings High School, graduated 1949
- South Dakota State University, B.S. Degree in General Science, received 1953
- South Dakota State University, 1 year graduate study completed 1957
- Civil Service Courses: Managing and Understanding Human Behavior, Labor Relations, Grievances, Labor Relations Negotiation Procedures, Labor Relations Negotiated Agreements, The Supervisor and the Union, Management by Objectives, Middle Management Institute, National Guard Supervisor Course I and II.
- Basic Infantry Officers Course, 1953
- Combined Service Support Course, 1955
- Engineer Officer Basic Course, 1957
- Disaster Recovery Course, 1961
- Adjutant General Officer Refresher Course, 1962
- Adjutant General Officer Advance Course, 1967
- Army Extension Correspondence Course (AEC)
- Selective Service Courses #1 through #4,1964-1967, AEC
- Civil Defense Leadership Course 1968
- Five years study, Command and General Staff Course, 1972, AEC
- Inspector General Orientation Course, 1975
- National Security Seminar conducted by the National Defense University, 1983
Awards and Decorations:
- Legion of Merit Meritorious Service Medal
- Army Commendation Medal
- Army Achievement Medal
- European Occupational Medal
- National Defense Service Medal
- Armed Forces Reserve Medal W/2-10 year Device
- Army Reserve Components Achievement Medal W/2 Oak Leaf Clusters
- Army Service Ribbon
- South Dakota Distinguished Service Ribbon
- Recruiter Award
- South Dakota Perfect Attendance Ribbon W/XV Device
- South Dakota National Guard Unit Citation
- July 20, 1953 - September 1, 1956, Commissioned Officer, 1 LT, U.S. Army (Regular Army)
- September 2, 1956 - June 30, 1957, Graduate Student, South Dakota State University
- July 1, 1957 - May 19, 1984, South Dakota Army National Guard (Retired as Brigadier General)
- May 21, 1984 - Present, Investment Broker, A.G. Edwards and Sons, Inc.
- Graduated as a Distinguished Military Graduate in 1953, commissioned 2LT in the Regular Army.
- Entered Active Duty and served at the following duty locations: Fort Benning, Georgia; Fort Riley, Kansas; Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri; Alamedal Naval Air Station, California; Salzburg, Austria and Augsburg, Germany.
- Resigned from Regular Army on September 1, 1956.
- Joined South Dakota National Guard on October 18, 1956 as a member of the 139th Transportation Battalion, Brookings, South Dakota.
- Transferred to Rapid City July 1, 1957 and served as a Staff Officer at State Headquarters, SDNG until retirement on June 30, 1985. (Note - I was retired as a full time technician in May 1984 and as a member of the National Guard in June 1985.)
- National Guard Association of the United States
- Past President of the National Guard Association, South Dakota
- Past President Burnt-Toast Toastmasters
- Past President (5 years) Department of Military Affairs Federal Credit Union
- South Dakota State University Alumni Association President Board of Directors South Dakota State University Foundation Rapid City Chamber of Commerce - Military Affairs Committee (20 years)
- Veteran of Foreign Wars Post 1273 (Life Time Membership)
- Past President Kiwanis Downtown Rapid City Club
- Past Lt. Gov., Black Hills Division, Minnesota/Dakotas Dist., Kiwanis Intl.
- Past President "One Club"
- Past President SD Federal Business Association (West) (Board Member, 3 years) Past President (2 years) of Meadowbrook PTA Manager, Little League Baseball (active 5 years)
- Past President, Rapid Skiers, Inc.
- Past President 39 Club
- Past Vice President, Black Hills Pony League (Baseball)
- Past President Board of Directors, Sky Ranch for Boys