- Stay on walkways, trails and grass. Traveling elsewhere will damage plant material and damage soil conditions.
- Do not pick or remove any flowers or other materials from the gardens.
- No climbing on trees, walls, rocks, statues or exhibits.
- No wading in fountains, ponds or streams.
- No jogging, bicycles, horses, or motorized vehicles within the formal gardens.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- No pets within the Visitor Center, Terrace Gardens or formal garden areas except service animals.
- Pets in the Arboretum must be leashed and cleaned up after.
Guided tours will take you through the gardens and provide in-depth knowledge about all the surrounding flowers, plants, shrubs and trees we have to offer. The tour will take 1-2 hours. Depending on the weather, the tour can be rescheduled for another time. Rates for guided tours are regular admission plus $25 for groups of 1-25 people. Groups over 25 will pay $1 extra per person.
Self-guided tours are entirely self-directed. To ensure the best possible educational experience, the McCrory Gardens Education and Visitor Center will be open for any questions, information, or to check out the gift shop. General admission fees apply. $4.00 for adults (ages 16 and up), $2.00 for youth (ages 6-15), and 5 and under are free.
Please return your request form two weeks prior to your requested date. For educational groups, there should be one adult chaperone per ten students.
Sack lunches are available at request. Please contact catering at 605-697-2571 or e-mail. See options and prices here.
Restrooms are available in the McCrory Gardens Education and Visitor Center. Plan to utilize these before the tour begins as there are no restrooms throughout our gardens.
To preserve the health and beauty of our garden and arboretum, please do not to pick plants or flowers and stay on walkways, trails, and grass. No wading in fountains. No climbing on trees, walls, rocks, statues, or exhibits.
If you need to cancel a tour, call 605-688-6707 as soon as possible. Please cite the name, tour date and time in your message.
Tour Request Form