Math majors are in demand for nationally-top-rated careers year after year after year after year after year after year, and the SDSU Math/Stat Department is among the very best at preparing students for these top-rated careers. Our graduates find great careers in business, industry, research, government, and teaching, working in areas such as actuarial science, finance, health care, precision agriculture, national security, public policy formulation, social media, and many others.
The SDSU Department of Mathematics and Statistics offers several mathematics programs. They include the:
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics with Data Science Specialization
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics with Teaching Specialization
Students in the Bachelor of Science in Mathematics can concentrate in:
- Actuarial and Financial Mathematics
- Applied Mathematics
Closely related programs are the:
- Master of Science in Mathematics
- Ph.D. in Computational Science and Statistics
Several Data Science programs are also available.