To obtain the Undergraduate Mathematics Minor (18 credits)
Take MATH 125 Calculus II
Choose one from:
- MATH 225 Calculus III
- MATH 355 Methods of Teaching Mathematics
Choose one of the following five courses:
- MATH 250 Introduction to Linear Algebra and Proof
(previous name was MATH 250 Math for Computer Science)
- MATH 253 Logic, Sets and Proof
- MATH 361 Modern Geometry
- MATH 411 Theory of Numbers
- MATH 450 History of Math
Also take 7 credits of MATH courses at the 200 level or above or STAT courses at the 300 level or above. It is recommended that students in the education program choose 6 of these credits to be MATH 261 (Geometry for Teachers) and either MATH 371 (Technology for Teachers) or MATH 433 (Capstone-Math Education).
- STAT 281 may not be used for the Mathematics Minor.
- A grade of "C" or better is required in each course.