Data science is one of the hottest careers in the nation today, with demand predicted to grow even more in the future. It's common to see it rated as the number one career in the nation on major employment websites such as CareerCast and Glassdoor, where Data Scientist has been ranked as the #1 Job in America in 2019, 2018, 2017, and 2016. It doesn't get much better than that!
The SDSU Department of Mathematics and Statistics offers several different data science programs designed to prepare graduates for entry into the profession at a variety of levels. They include the:
- Bachelor of Science in Data Science
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics with Data Science Specialization
- Associate of Science in Data Science
- Master of Science in Data Science
- Graduate Certificate in Data Science
For more information on these programs, please refer to their individual pages.
Closely related programs are the:
- Master of Science in Statistics
- Ph.D. in Computational Science and Statistics
- Undergraduate Minor in Statistics
- Undergraduate Minor in Applied Statistics