We're big enough to offer a wide range of coursework and other opportunities.
- With 35 faculty members and 145 undergraduate math majors, we have the resources to offer an extensive undergraduate curriculum in both mathematics and statistics. Our graduate courses are also available to advanced undergraduates.
We're small enough to offer a personal experience.
- Every math major will enjoy small class sizes, and have an advisor who specializes in that student's concentration area to provide academic and career counseling. In addition, every first semester freshman math major takes a course from the Math/Stat Department Head designed to introduce them to the department and potential careers, after which the Department Head will continue to regularly communicate important information about these topics to math majors.
We offer curriculum tracks leading to the best careers around.
- Math majors may concentrate in four areas associated with outstanding careers: Computational Science, Data Science, Financial Engineering, and Mathematics Education.
And the career-centered curriculum tracks work!
- Our recent graduates enjoy excellent placement rates, and are pursuing rewarding careers at many of the region and nation's top employers.
We offer great enrichment experiences.
- Math majors can engage in undergraduate research through our summer REU and during the academic year, participate in either of our two student organizations that combine fun with professional development opportunities, go on field trips, and attend mathematics conferences.
The faculty and staff of the SDSU Math/Stat Department are proud of what we do for our students, and even more proud of what are students do, both while they're at SDSU and after they graduate and go out into the world!