Steps to Add an Email Link
- Log in to Drupal via the Tools & Quick Links > My Account (Drupal).
- Go into the page you'd like to add the email link to by clicking Edit in the top right hand corner of the page.
- Type the text you want linked in the Body field.
- Highlight that text.
- Click the link icon in the tools menu.
- In the URL tab, type mailto: plus the email address you would like linked — no spaces.
- Example - mailto:email@example.com
- Saving the page: From dropdown next to "Change to:" choose one of the following statuses:
- Ready to Review: If it is ready to be published.
- In progress: If you want to hold on publishing or are still editing.
- To add text to the Subject line of the email, after the email address enter ?subject=plus the text you want in the subject line. Example - mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=Web Help
- Do not spell out an email address on a page - link to a name or text.