KSFY-TV - Part time Editor/Videographer
KSFY News is looking for a part-time editor/videographer.
The ideal candidate should be proficient in all aspects of television news editing. Job duties include:
- Editing video for daily news coverage
- Recording news feeds from news bureaus and various news organizations
- Collaborating with anchors, reporters and producers on video elements of newscasts
- Meeting daily deadlines in a high-energy working environment
- Gathering video and conducting on-camera interviews
Candidates must be able to work odd and extended hours and days to complete assigned stories. Candidates must be able to edit using Adobe Premiere. News photography experience is helpful, but not required. Candidates should have a valid driver’s license as well as a safe driving record.
Candidates must be able to handle extreme pressure situations and last-minute changes. Time management skills are a must.
Bachelor’s degree is preferred. At least one year of newsroom experience is preferred, but we will also train the right candidate.
This position reports directly to the news director.
To apply, go to: www.gray.tv/applynow
If you don’t have electronic access, please mail your resume and video samples of your work to:
325 S. 1st Avenue, Suite 100
Sioux Falls, SD 57104
Or email material to email@example.com
No phone calls please
Please include where you found this job description.
Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company and requires pre-employment drug and background testing. EOE Gray Television Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical handicap or marital status. Discriminatory employment practices are specifically prohibited by the Federal Communications Commission. If you believe your Equal Employment Rights have been violated, you may contact the FCC in Washington, D.C. 20054, or other appropriate state or local agencies.
SoDak Labs - Marketing Assistant
Company Philosophy – customers come first, as a company we strive to keep things simple, work lean/hard and keep all others accountable to our philosophy.
1. Improve Market Plan execution.
2. Establish a Market Calendar of topics
3. Prepare graphics and text for monthly marketing topics.
4. Improve databases for Mailchimp marketing.
5. Contact clients to determine need of seed testing services.
6. Setup Facebook page and other social media as determined.
Required Skills /Experience:
1. Must be a team player, fast learner, and self-starter, ability to work independently, follow through and multitask.
2. Ability to effectively communicate and achieve projects for staff and customers of SoDak Labs.
3. Two years of marketing experience and desire to be challenged.
4. 2 or 4-year degree or enrolled in marketing/entrepreneurial major desirable.
5. Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
6. Skilled with Graphic design software, databases, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
7. Skilled in social medias and electronic mailing systems.
Work Status: part time
Compensation: Based on Experience and Qualifications
Reporting: Tim Gutormson
How to Apply:
Interested individuals should submit a letter of interest and resume to Tim.Gutormson@SoDakLabs.com or mail Tim Gutormson, 236 32nd Avenue, Brookings, SD 57006 by February 1, 2018. For more information about SoDak Labs, Inc. visit our website at www.SoDakLabs.com.
SoDak Labs Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
South Dakota Department of Agriculture - Digital Content Manager
Job ID: 9516
Agency: South Dakota Department of Agriculture; Office of the Secretary
Salary: $33.658.56 - $39,969.54 annually; depending on experience
Pay Grade: GH
For more information about the South Dakota Department of Agriculture, please visit http://sdda.sd.gov/.
This position will be the department's graphic designer and webmaster, providing support to the Office of the Secretary and the five departmental divisions. The Department maintains various websites for events and programs. The incumbent will layout and design all Department publications and design logos, graphics and other visual media for presentations, social media, etc.; be responsible for upkeep and design of those websites; provide some research support for staff as needed.; and be the Department's point person for the administrative rules process, providing assistance to staff on process. This position may also provide logistical support to staff, ensuring documents that need to be served on other state entities through the administrative rule process are prepared and served at the appropriate time.
NCRC: If you possess a National Career Readiness Certificate, please submit the certificate with your application. For more information on how to acquire a National Career Readiness Certificate contact a South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation Local Office. A certificate is not necessary to be considered.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
Applicants with a strong background in graphic design and layout; and website design and upkeep are preferred.
- Adobe Suite programs including InDesign, Dreamweaver and Illustrator;
- social media strategy;
- contact management systems.
- while this position will not require a lot of writing, some writing will be expected.
- maintain strong organizational systems while managing multiple projects simultaneously;
- strong attention to detail is required;
- sift through lots of information and synthesize the most relevant pieces.
Additional Requirements: Please attach examples of graphic design work and a writing sample.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
The State of South Dakota offers paid employee health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation leave accrual, and medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. For more information visit http://bhr.sd.gov/workforus/workbenefits.aspx.
Apply at: http://tinyurl.com/yccl236f
South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources
500 East Capitol
Pierre, SD 57501-5070
Telephone: 605-773-3148 Fax: 605-773-4344
"An Equal Opportunity Employer"
NBC Nebraska - Anchor/Producer
NBC Nebraska in Scottsbluff, Nebraska is searching for an Anchor/Producer to round out our team. The person we’re looking for should be a team player but somewhat self-reliant and be able to pull the story from the facts. Skills in writing, editing and understanding how a show is put together are highly valued, while understanding how to shoot, edit, and report are also important, but not necessary on a daily basis.
This position reports to the News Director and is responsible for producing and anchoring the 5:30pm and 10pm Monday-Friday shows. Occasional reporting (or enterprise reporting, as requested) may also be required. This is a great opportunity for a producer or reporter/multimedia journalist who is looking to grow and step up into a full-time on-air role in television broadcasting.
The ideal candidate will have a conversational on-air delivery, demonstrate leadership skills and storytelling abilities to create engaging content both for TV and on all digital platforms including updates to the NBC Nebraska web and social media sites. This position requires someone who can work closely with the rest of the team. Excellent news judgment, strong broadcast and online writing skills required.
A degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field is preferred. Applicants should have a strong work ethic, able to work under deadline pressure. Familiarity with newsroom software like iNews, digital field camera operation, and non-linear editing are required.
Online publishing experience is required. You must be familiar with social media sites, like Facebook and Twitter, to promote stories and broadcast breaking news.
- A Broadcast Journalism degree is preferred but equivalent job experience in a journalism position will be considered• Excellent writing skills, news judgment and ethics
- A drive to enterprise news content daily
- Understanding of digital/new media platforms and strategy
- Smooth and conversational delivery of content for live broadcasts
- Strong work ethic, organizational and leadership skills
- Integrity, accountability, teamwork
- Applicant must have valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Pre-employment and random drug testing are conditions of employment
- Must be able to carry 25-30 pounds of field news equipment on an as-needed basis.
To apply go to this page: https://tinyurl.com/y6w4hw66
Scott Miller, News Director firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls, please
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray Television’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.