The Jerome Norgren Poetry Contest
The Jerome Norgren Poetry Contest is open to all high school (9th-12th) and middle school (6th-8th) students in South Dakota.
The contest is open to poetry on all subjects and in all styles (free verse or traditional).
The deadline for submissions is February 1 (postmarked). There are separate prizes for high school and middle school students. Winners will be invited to read their poems at South Dakota State University.
Rules for Submitting
- A student may not submit more than three poems.
- The submission should include include a cover sheet with the following information:
- Title of work(s)
- Student's name, grade, and home address
- School's name and address
- Teacher's name (both first and last) and teacher statement declaring that the work is the student's own
- Each poem should be on a separate page without the author's name on it.
Writers must keep a copy of any poem submitted. Poems will not be returned.
For more information, contact Dr. Stewart-Nuñez.
The contest is sponsored by the Jerome Norgren Estate and the SDSU English Department.