The Youth Engineering and Technology Career Exploration Program runs from July 9 to 14, 2023.
The Jerome J. Lohr College of Engineering is excited to offer career exploration in agricultural and biosystems, civil, electrical, and mechanical engineering as well as construction and concrete management. Participants will explore a variety of hands-on activities along with enrichment and social programs designed to assist students in preparing them for the next step in their intellectual, personal, and professional career development.
Goals and Opportunities
The goal of this program is to build understanding, interest, and enthusiasm for engineering and technology as a career. Activities are arranged to inspire young people to pursue careers that generate greater economic vitality and create a better quality of life.
The program provides the following opportunities:
- Hands-on learning and educational experiences
- Engineering design experiences
- Teamwork and leadership opportunities
- Interaction of Engineering and Technology as a career
- Exploration of other majors and career areas
Participants can choose between 5 different primary tracks.
- Exploring coding, electricity and electronics, robotics, and green energy, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- Exploring food production and processing, Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering
- Exploring water quantity and quality, Agricultural and Biosystems and Civil Engineering
- Exploring infrastructure creation and maintenance Civil Engineering, Construction Management, and Concrete Industry Management
- Exploring things that move, Mechanical Engineering
How to Apply
Eligibility Criteria Entering grades 9–12 (as of 2023–2024 school year) - Interested in engineering, science, transportation or technology.
Cost of the Camp is $350.00. This covers room, meals and activities.