Come learn about careers in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics!
The Jerome J. Lohr College of Engineering at South Dakota State University conducts camps and workshops throughout the year to provide interested K-12 students a means to explore how their interests can translate into a college major—and subsequently a challenging and financially rewarding career.
These camps, competitions, and activities:
- provide an affordable and effective way for young people to explore the possibilities of a career in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics;
- emphasize hands-on activities and the experience of student life on a top science and engineering campus;
- introduce students to the college search process and scholarship opportunities;
- and give them a chance to meet and work with college students, faculty, and professionals.
- EE Summer Camp
- Engineering EXPO
- Girls: Engineering, Mathematics, and Science
- Jackrabbit BEST Robotics
- Ready, SET, Go!
- Summer Scholars Program
- STEM Partnership
Our STEM youth camps and activities are made possible by our STEM Partners who provide financial support and employee volunteers. Through this partnership we (1) inform and excite young people about STEM careers, (2) inform high school teachers, parents and students about high school preparation for a STEM college degree, and (3) better meet the current and future STEM workforce needs of our regional employers. For more information, click here.
Premier Level - $15,000 and up
Diamond Level - $10,000 to 14,999
Platinum Level - $5,000 to 9,999
Gold Level - $2,500 to 4,999
Silver Level - $1,000 to 2,499