The mission of the Jerome J. Lohr College of Engineering is to provide a rigorous, practical education oriented toward problem solving; to conduct world-class regionally relevant research; and to provide technical assistance to existing and emerging business, industry and government.
The SDSU Jerome J. Lohr College of Engineering will be a nationally recognized, regionally relevant, student-centered and accessible land-grant college.
In all of our endeavors we will be guided by commitment to our values in:
- Character—honesty, integrity, professionalism, accountability and continuous self improvement
- People—their abilities, beliefs and diversity
- Academic excellence—learning, understanding and application
- Discovery—research, scholarship and creative activities
- Engagement with society—service, stewardship and civic responsibility
Strategic Goal One
Enhance academic excellence through relevant programs, engaged learners and continuous improvement of student learning.
Strategic Goal Two
Advance new knowledge, innovation, and technology transfer to promote economic development for the state, region and nation.
Strategic Goal Three
Extend outreach through collaborative partnerships and engagement with academic units, public entities and industry.
Strategic Goal Four
Secure the human and fiscal resources necessary to achieve our strategic goals.