BEST (Boosting Engineering, Science, and Technology) Robotics Inc. started in Texas in 1993 by two engineers from Texas Instruments. Since then, interest in the program has helped create 50 hubs (local competition sites) nationwide. SDSU is proud to be one of the newest hubs.
The mission of BEST Robotics Inc. is to inspire students to pursue careers in engineering, science, and technology through participation in a sports-like, science- and engineering-based robotics competition.
BEST (Boosting Engineering, Science, and Technology) offers
- the EXCITEMENT of a basketball game
- the STRATEGY of a chess match
- the INTELLECTUAL CHALLENGE of a science fair
- the PRESSURE of a competitive sporting event
. . . plus hundreds of screaming fans, pep bands, cheerleaders, music, dancing, and mascots!
Watch the 2016 Bet the Farm Competition in the video below
View the View the 2017 Results
Watch the 2017 Cross-fire Competition in the video below
Watch the 2018 CURRENT EVENTS Game Teaser
2018 Schedule for “CURRENT EVENTS”
- 2018 registration is open at EventBrite
- FREE to teams (no registration fee and all
supplies provided by generous sponsors)
- Register now to reserve a space in the competition
- Teams accepted on first-come, first-served basis
- One team per school but no limit on team size
Kick-Off Day: Saturday, September 15 – SDSU Student Union, Brookings, SD
- Playing field and game revealed
- Teams receive kits for robot
- Training sessions
- Schedule - Marketplace (1421 Student Union Lane)
- 9:00 – 9:45 New-to-BEST Overview
- 9:45 – 10:00 Team Check-in
- 10:00 – 12:00 CURRENT EVENTS KICK-OFF!
- 1:00 – 4:00 Field inspection, training sessions, and kit check-out
Practice Day: Saturday, October 20 – SDSU Student Union (Volstorff Ballroom) -- 8:00 - 1:00, Brookings, SD
- Optional work day on SDSU campus for teams
- Teams practice with robot on actual competition field
Game Day: Saturday, October 27 – Swiftel Center, Brookings, SD
- Robot Competition
- BEST judging
- Exhibit & Interview
- Marketing Presentation
- Spirit & Sportsmanship
- Winners move on to Northern Plains Regional in Fargo, ND.
All events are free and open to the public!
To become a part of this amazing event, contact Becky Pistulka by email or 605-688-6792
For more information about the national organization, visit the BEST Robotics Inc. website.