Registration for the 2020 Jerome J. Lohr College of Engineering Virtual Career Fair is now open! The fair will take place in Handshake. There is no fee to attend our inaugural Virtual Career Fair. The attached pdf is very important for you and your team to understand how the virtual fair will work.
To register for the fair, visit:https://app.joinhandshake.com/career_fairs/19928/employer_preview
HOW WILL THIS WORK?
We know a virtual career fair is new for many of you, and we assure you the SDSU Office of Career Development team is hard at work to make it a worthwhile experience for you and our students. The virtual career fair will be hosted in Handshake, the leading career site for college students, and will enable you to replicate your on-campus experience by authentically engaging with students and, ultimately, hiring your future leaders.
Where: Handshake at sdstate.joinhandshake.com. To learn more: See Handshake’s virtual career fair guide for employers at: https://support.joinhandshake.com/hc/en-us/articles/360049971954
REGISTRATION (Deadline is 6 PM Central on Thursday, October 1. You must set your fair schedules by 6 PM Central on Tuesday, October 6.)
• Group (Informational) Sessions: Host a maximum of 3 group sessions, each lasting 30 minutes, the day of the fair. Use group sessions to educate students about your organization, its values, internship and job opportunities, your recruiting cycle, and more. Group sessions are open to any interested student. A maximum of 50 students can attend each session. Students may sign up to attend in advance or drop in the day of the fair. Watch a 5-minute video demonstration at https://youtu.be/MhoU3QbOlEI.
• Individual (1:1) Sessions: Students who meet the employer preferences and/or qualifications will be able to sign up for 10-minute individual (1:1) sessions with recruiters from your organization. Use these sessions as an initial screening interview to determine which students you’d like to contact after the fair for follow-up interviews. Students can sign up for timeslots in advance, but also can take remaining available slots the day of the fair. Watch a 10-minute video demonstration at
• How to Set Your Schedule for the Virtual Career Fair: https://youtu.be/giPfLXxOsVs
• NOTE: Each organization will be allowed to have no more than 15 recruiters to facilitate these 1:1 sessions and group sessions. You must have staff available for the duration of the fair to accommodate students whose schedules require attendance later in the day.
INSTRUCTIONS for SETTING YOUR SCHEDULE in HANDSHAKE for the VIRTUAL FAIR
After your fair registration is approved, you will receive an email indicating it is time to set your schedule, including Group Sessions and Individual 1:1 Sessions, for the fair. You also will set your fair-day team of representatives. The email will come from email@example.com. (Please check your Junk Mail Folder or whitelist this email address.) The email subject line will read: “Action required - add a schedule to the SDSU Jerome J. Lohr College of Engineering Virtual Career Fair 2020.” For additional help, please refer to the following video demonstrations and written articles in the Handshake Help Center.
• How to Set Your Schedule for the Virtual Career Fair:
o 9-minute video demo: https://youtu.be/giPfLXxOsVs
o Written article: https://support.joinhandshake.com/hc/en-us/articles/360050523014-Creating-a-Schedule-for-Virtual-Fairs
• How to Claim a Virtual Fair Schedule
o 3-minute video demo: https://youtu.be/gBi0AjmJ9Zo
o Written article: https://support.joinhandshake.com/hc/en-us/articles/360051272393-Claiming-Participating-in-a-Schedule
• Handshake Video Platform: When setting your Group Sessions and Individual 1:1 Sessions, we ask that you select the Handshake Video Platform (not the External Video Platform) to help us keep the fair experience streamlined for our students. The Handshake Video Platform is very similar to Zoom, allowing you to chat and share screens.
• NOTE: The person who registered your company for the fair is the person responsible for setting up your schedules. The Career Development team is not able to do that for you.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Participating in this event will provide your organization the opportunity to:
• Recruit students for interns, full- and part-time positions, as well as graduate school.
• Educate students on your industry, hiring practices, desired skills, and recruiting cycles.
• Market and grow your organization’s visibility at South Dakota’s largest, most comprehensive and only land-grant university.