Posted June 29, 2021
The SDSU travel and transportation guidelines are grounded in the SDSU Guiding Principles for Return to Campus. In addition, the following travel and transportation guidelines have been developed:
Upon receiving university approval to travel, individuals should review current CDC guidance for additional information, particularly as it relates to travel considerations, return policies and preventive measures you should take to protect yourself and those around you. In addition to the CDC guidance, the university also recommends the following consideration be made related to travel and transportation.
All air passengers coming to the United States, including U.S. citizens and fully vaccinated people, are required to have a negative COVID-19 test result no more than 3 days before travel or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 in the past 3 months before they board a flight to the United States.
Additional considerations for all travel.
Wearing a mask over your nose and mouth is required on planes, buses, trains and other forms of public transportation traveling into, within or out of the United States and in U.S. transportation hubs such as airports and stations.
If you are fully vaccinated, take the following steps to protect others when you travel:
- During Travel: Follow all state and local recommendations and requirements, including mask wearing and social distancing.
- After Travel: Self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms; isolate and get tested if you develop symptoms.
The CDC recommends that you delay travel until you are fully vaccinated. If you are not fully vaccinated and must travel, follow CDC’s recommendations for nonvaccinated people.
If you are not fully vaccinated and must travel, take the following steps to protect yourself and others from COVID-19:
- Before you travel: Get tested with a viral test 1-3 days before your trip.
- While you are traveling: wear a mask over your nose and mouth, avoid crowds and stay at least 6 feet/2 meters (about 2 arm lengths) from anyone who is not traveling with you, and wash your hands often or use hand sanitizer (with at least 60% alcohol).
- After you travel: Get tested with a viral test 3-5 days after travel AND stay home and self-quarantine for a full 7 days after travel.
- State or personal vehicles
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces regularly.
- Individuals are required to follow the current University and SDBOR face covering protocols.
- Circulate air within the vehicle at all times, as possible given weather conditions. Open or partially open windows and use outside air for air conditioning.
If any of these travel and transportation guidelines prevent you from following State Travel Allowances, contact Accounts Payable for approval prior to making reservations.
Due to the rapidly changing nature of the COVID-19 pandemic, guidance be continuously updated to reflect the latest CDC and SD-DOH public health guidelines.