If you have additional questions that aren't addressed below, please contact SDSU Printing Services.
- Is the Imaging Center Open?
For the Fall of 2020 semester opening, we recommend students send files to Printing Services to print and make an appointment for a scheduled pick up. The Imaging Center will not be open for self-print due to COVID-19.
- How do I send my files to Printing Services?
Files can be emailed to Printing Services or you can use Box.com
Box instructions (coming soon)
- Your Name
- Contact Phone # (after 2 call attempts, job will be placed on “HOLD”)
- Paper stock: PhotoSatin; 20# Bond; 48# Bond
- Size of print you are requesting
- Requested due date
- What are preflight checks?
This is verifying the provided files for completeness and confirm incoming files meet production requirements. Things such as fonts are accessible to the system, fonts are not corrupt, image files are of the correct format, resolution and not corrupt. That page layout document size, margins, bleeds and marks meet client expectations. This check will cost $2.00 on the wide format printing.
- What type of turnaround should I expect?
Knowing these files are likely class assignments we’ll try to provide next day service. Some same day service may be available but overall capacity to do so is limited.
- How much will this cost?
- 1-sided 8.5x 11” Black only .05
- 1-sided 8.5 x 11 Color .35
- 1-sided 11 x 17” Black only .10
- 1-sided 11 x 17 Color .75
- 24 x 36” Black on 20# Bond $4.00 (preflight included)
- 24 x 36” Color on 20# Bond $14.56 (preflight included)
- 24 x 36” Color on PhotoSatin $16.99 (preflight included)
- 36 x 48” Black on 20# Bond $6.50 (preflight included)
- 36 x 48” Color on 20# Bond $25.12 (preflight included)
- 36 x 48” Color on PhotoSatin $24.57 (preflight included)
- How do I pay for my printing?
We prefer MyJacks cards for method of payment but will also accept checks or cash when you pick the project up.
- What if I am dissatisfied with the outcome?
We will make every attempt to identify potential problems ahead of printing and communicate them to you in order to avoid an undesired outcome. If quality issues arrive as a result of equipment failure? We’ll gladly reprint the document file.
- What if I need laser cutting? Or 3D printing?
Those files can be sent the same way as described above. This should be followed by a call to 605-688-5111 for discussion on substrates and overall scope of work. If we have further questions we’ll contact you.
- Can I print using the student facing printers around campus?
Yes. Mobile print release allows for touchless printing directly from your cell phone. Here’s what you need to do.
- Join phone to SDSU wifi network
- Download a QR Code reader if you don’t already have one
- Print a job to one of the secure queues. Just like you always have.
- Go to a printer
- Open QR Code reader
- Scan QR code on printer
- Log into Papercut mobile print release
- Save credentials (Remember me)
- Choose print jobs to print
- Choose release