Due to ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and SDSU’s commitment to our employees, students and visitors, the JacksRBack Task Force is implementing mandatory COVID-19 training for all faculty and staff. The training is designed to ensure consistency in our understanding and approach to our campus culture as we bring students back this fall semester.
Faculty and staff will have two weeks to complete the training. The training was developed by Laura Dirks, Public Health Specialist and there are seven modules included. Each module takes approximately 5-10 minutes to complete:
- Identify the virus that causes COVID-19 and its origin.
- Identify the symptoms of COVID-19 and how it is transmitted
- Identify those at higher risk of severe illness
- Familiarize yourself with case counts across the United States
- Familiarize yourself with case counts across the state of South Dakota
Protect Yourself and Others
- Identify the ways you can prevent COVID-19 infection
- Identify the ways you can prevent exposure to COVID-19 while in public, at home and at work
- Identify how to properly wash your hands and clean and disinfect your home
Cloth Face Coverings
- Identify how cloth face coverings can help prevent the spread of COVID-19
- Identify how to properly wear and wash cloth face coverings
- Identify how to make a cloth face covering
- Identify SDSU's policy regarding face coverings
Exposure and Contacts
- Familiarize yourself with the South Dakota Department of Health COVID contact decision tree
- Identify who should self-quarantine, self-monitor or social distance from a hypothetical exposure scenario
What if I get sick?
- Compare the symptoms of COVID-19 compared to other common illnesses
- Familiarize yourself with CDC's COVID-19 Self Checker
- Familiarize yourself with SDSU's positive or probable COVID-19 case reporting protocol
- Identify how and when to self-isolate
Managing Stress and Anxiety
- Identify signs of stress
- Identify ways to reduce stress
- Identify who to contact if you or a loved one is experiencing sadness, depression or anxiety
- Familiarize yourself with SDSU's COVID-19 webpages and where to find up to date information
The training is critical to the health of our campus and keeping everyone safe. All Faculty and Staff that are working currently, have until the end of July (two weeks) to complete the training. All Faculty and Staff that are starting or reporting to work in August, will have two weeks from their first day working to complete the training. Course completion will be tracked and reported to each respective Vice President.
Choose “SDSU Users” login and enter your normal SDSU credentials:
Select “Self-Enroll Instructor Sandbox,” then you will be required to enter a program key. Enter “sdstate”.
After you have logged in, just click on each module you want to take! Make sure to complete the quiz that will be available once you complete all seven modules. After successfully completing the quiz, you will get credit for all the courses for tracking purposes.
Assistant Vice President for Human Resources