SDSU Scene Shop Operating Guidelines Fall 2020
Per Industry guidelines from the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees the SDSU scene shop will do the following in the Fall to limit the spread of COVID-19:
- Limit the number of students in the costume shop by scheduling work study, hourly and scholarship workers.
- Upon entry to the scene shop each employee will:
- Wear a face-covering
- Store all personal items in the storage cubbies
- Wash their hands (preferably) or use hand sanitizer
- Clock in/out to Humanity (our time clock station) to track their hours and times they are working, and wipe down clock station that was touched
- Wipe down surfaces they may have touched while in the room before leaving.
- Visitors and observers will be limited based on capacity for the scene shop, which will be clearly labeled at the entry of the room. The maximum capacity for the scene shop will be 10.
- A sanitize table will be available for all used shop equipment each day. After an item is used it will be placed on the table for sanitation at the end of each workday.
- All surfaces will be sanitized daily.
Because of the health and safety, as well as the limited time we have for scenic construction, we will not have traditional scenic support for Fall 2020 performances. Instead, we will have students work on various shop maintenance projects. Additionally, scene design and technology students will be working on independent projects for their portfolios to gain experience.
Daily work in the scene shop will include:
- Organizing the scene shop and scenic storages
- Inventory tools and create a database
- Document scenic pieces in storage
- Clean and organize the prop loft