What's in the kit?
The JacksRBack kits contain the following items:
- 1 reusable pouch
- 2 cloth face coverings
- Including instructions on how to wear and care for your cloth face coverings
- 1 digital thermometer with plastic case
- 1 bottle of hand sanitizer
- Educational material
- Including information on symptoms, self-monitoring and how to keep yourself and others safe
Who gets a kit?
The JacksRBack kits will be distributed to students, faculty and staff at South Dakota State University.
(Priority will be given to students who are taking classes at physical locations in Brookings, Sioux Falls, Rapid City, Aberdeen and Pierre).
Kit Distribution Process
The kit distribution process is subject to change. Please continue to monitor this page for additional details.
On-Campus Students: Students living on-campus will receive their kits in their residence hall rooms. Students living in Meadows North and South and the Southeast Apartments and Townhomes will be treated as on-campus students.
Off-Campus Students: Students living off-campus will be able to pick-up their kits at the following locations:
- Kits will be available at Info Exchange in the University Student Union Aug. 17 and 18 (Monday and Tuesday) from 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. and Monday and Tuesday from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Tuesday will be reserved for students living off-campus only.
- Aug. 19-21, Wednesday - Friday (9 a.m.-3 p.m. each day) Students must have their MyJacks Card scanned to receive a kit. No exceptions!
- University Student Union: Lobby area of the Volstorff Ballroom.
- Lobby of Harding Hall
- Lower level of the Enrollment Services Center (entrance on north side of building)
- Lobby of the Animal Science Building
- Wagner Hall (former Java City location)
- Lobby of Avera Health and Science Center
- Graduate students attending classes on the Brookings campus and living off campus will be counted in the "off-campus" student list
- Students taking classes at locations in Aberdeen, Sioux Falls, Rapid City and Pierre will be sent their kits.
- Priority will be given to students taking classes at a physical location.
- Brookings campus employees will have their kits delivered to their workstation building. Delivery is scheduled to begin Monday, Aug. 17.
- Employees on the Brookings campus who are continuing to work remote will need to come to campus to receive their kits.
- Kits will be shipped to a central location for employees in Aberdeen, Sioux Falls, Rapid City and Pierre.
- SDSU Extension employees and Ag Experiment Station employees will be sent kits to their work location.
- Every effort will be made to ship kits to faculty that work in other remote locations