Fall Semester Testing for COVID-19
The South Dakota State University Student Health Clinic and the South Dakota Department of Health have teamed together to provide all students, faculty, and staff members free COVID-19 testing. Individuals who complete the test will receive a $10 coupon to be used in SDSU retail locations.
PLEASE NOTE: Starting Oct. 12, 2021, the COVID 19 testing site will shift just slightly to the south to accommodate construction of the wresting addition to the Dykhouse Student Athlete Center. Vehicles will enter from the central main gate on the stadium’s west side and exit from the south end of the concourse. Signage and traffic cones will direct you through the site. The site will conduct tests from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. The site will be closed Oct. 11 in honor of Native American Day.
Free COVID-19 Testing
SDSU's drive-thru testing center in the west concourse of the Dana J. Dykhouse football stadium. Come to the parking lot on the west side of the stadium and follow the signs.
Fall Hours: Testing is available from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Who is Eligible?
This includes students, faculty and staff. Students under age of 18 must be accompanied by parents to be tested.
- What if I am experiencing COVID-19 symptoms?
If you have possible COVID-19 symptoms, it is your responsibility to share your COVID-19 test results with your health care provider and to isolate at home per SD DOH/CDC guidelines until test results are known.
- Do I need to provide an insurance card or other form of identification?
No, you do not.
- What type of COVID-19 test is being administered?
Vault Health’s saliva-based COVID-19 test will be administered onsite. The complete test kits will be sent to Vault Health’s labs for PCR analysis.
- Do you need a Vault Health account to take the test?
Yes. You will register with Vault Health when you arrive at the testing site with either your device or a device provided by the student health clinic.
- Can I register with Vault Health prior to coming to the testing site?
No, you cannot.
- Do I need an appointment?
No appointment is necessary. Just arrive at the stadium during testing hours.
- Do I need to deliver my test to the UPS store?
No. Delivery will be done by testing site staff.
- Can I eat or drink before the test?
You must not eat, drink, smoke or chew gum 30 minutes before submitting a sample. However, it is important to be hydrated.
- What retail locations at SDSU can I redeem my $10 coupon?
All SDSU retail locations.
- Who do I contact with questions?
Testing site staff at 605-688- 5727 during hours of operation or Vault Health.
Thank you for your attention to this very important initiative and continued efforts to keep everyone safe and healthy.
Additional Testing Locations
Patients are required to call either 1-877-AT-AVERA or Brookings Avera at 605-697-9500 for an appointment.
Patients are required to schedule an appointment by either:
- Log in. The quickest way to investigate COVID-19 testing is to log in to your My Sanford Chart to request an e-visit. It’s easy from there. Follow the prompts and submit your request. A Sanford provider will respond to you within four hours.
- Call Brookings Sanford at 605-333-4444
Brothers Pharmacy is now offering COVID-19 Rapid Testing! Please call the pharmacy for more information at 605-692-2088.