Updated Case Notification Form
Information from the SDSU Case notification form below is used to inform public health decision making and for emergency response. The Emergency Management Team uses the information to coordinate the notification of potentially exposed individuals, and cleaning and disinfection of spaces as needed. Additionally, when on campus students complete the form, the submission initiates the quarantine and isolation housing procedure.
Using the Case Notification Form
Self-reporting: If you are completing the form and are affected by COVID-19
- Select self under “who is making the report”
- Complete the Information on Individual Affected by COVID-19
- Students: When completing the question "What areas of University property did you visit starting from 48 hours before symptoms started" please include the class name and date you attended in the text box.
Reporting information about others
The most accurate information comes from self-reports. Before you report on behalf of another individual, please encourage the individual to self-report. You can fill out the notification form on another individual’s behalf using the information that was disclosed to you (duplicate entries are removed so cases will not be counted twice if you and the individual both report). Suspected cases should only be filled out if the individual has indicated they will be missing work or class due to COVID related symptoms or awaiting test results.
Tips to fill the form out on another’s behalf
- Choose the appropriate dropdown from “Who is making this report” that best represents your role. For example
- If you are faculty or staff member completing the form for a student select “other”
- If you are a supervisor completing the form for an employee select “supervisor”
- Everything below the “Information on Individual Affected by COVID-19” should be filled out using the information about the person for which you are reporting, not yourself. For example
- If you are reporting as a faculty or staff member on behalf of a student, mark primary role at SDSU as “student” and provide their name, email address ect.
- If you are reporting as a supervisor, you would put the name, email address, ect. of your employee
- Do your best to fill out the information you have available.
- If you have additional details, please include them in the “What areas of University property did you visit starting from 48 hours before symptoms started” chat box.
If a submission indicates an individual who has tested positive was on campus while infectious the Emergency Management Team will coordinate the notification of potentially exposed individuals, and cleaning and disinfection of spaces as needed.