Posted May 18, 2021
Athletics: Summer 2021
Athletics will operate under the JacksRBack Guiding Principles
NOTE: Athletics items will be influenced by guidelines of numerous national committees such as the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), The Summit League, The Missouri Valley Conference, The Big 12, the United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee (USOPC), National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA), National Strength & Conditioning Association (NSCA), and the National Collegiate Equestrian Association (NCEA). We will also utilize our strong relationship with Sanford Health and the Brookings Health System to help us assess safety guidelines and protocols
NOTE: Athletic facilities are available to the public for scheduled rental events & meetings.
General operating principles
Athletics plans a return to normal operations in the summer and fall of 2021, with heightened awareness for hygiene and self-evaluation for illness.
- All athletic employees will come back-to-campus per normal throughout the summer of 2021
- Some athletic employees can effectively work from a remote locations intermittently
- Individuals are required to follow current university and SDBOR protocols regarding face coverings and COVID-19 mitigation procedures.
- Employees will self-asses for illness and follow guidelines.
- Each athletic facility is available to employees and student-athletes through our scheduling calendar
- Visitors to athletic facilities should make an appointment
- Sanitizer stations are strategically placed in each of our athletic facilities
- Facilities will be cleaned appropriately
- Employees and visitors are expected to practice good hygiene in athletic facilities
- Athletic facilities are available to SDSU varsity athletes and coaches
- Follow all SDBOR protocols regarding face coverings and COVID-19 mitigation procedures
- Schedule facility use through Christi Williams
- Follow guidelines regarding safety and security for use of athletic facilities