The JacksRBack International Student Scholarship provides financial support to current students who are struggling financially due to a temporary hardship and are intending to enroll for the Fall 2020 semester.
Awards are a one-time award in the amount of $1000.00 for the Fall 2020 semester. Applications are reviewed by a committee, and decisions are made on a case-by-case basis based on the student’s need and the availability of funds. The JacksRBack International Student Scholarship is not a loan and does not need to be repaid.
The JacksRBack Scholarship may be applied toward an outstanding tuition balance or for the Fall 2020 semester.
To qualify, students must meet the following requirements:
- Must be an F1 or J1 International Student
- Student must have completed 1 semester at SDSU
- Student must be planning to enroll as a full-time degree-seeking student for the Fall 2020 semester
- Student must be making standard academic progress (2.0 or greater GPA at the undergraduate level and a 3.0 GPA or greater at the graduate level)
- Submit application to Office of International Affairs by July 24, 2020
How to Submit Application
Application deadline was July 24, 2020 and the application is no longer available to submit.
The Office of International Affairs will contact you (via your Jacks email) with any questions about your application and to notify you of the outcome of your request.
Awarded students will need to be enrolled full-time for the Fall 2020 semester to retain the JacksRBack International Student scholarship.