We are so excited that you will soon be here! Of all the places in the world, we think SDSU is pretty great.
The Office of International Affairs hosts a mandatory International Student Orientation to provide essential information to prepare for life at SDSU. During orientation, you will:
- Meet the International Affairs staff
- Meet other international and American students
- Learn about Brookings, South Dakota
- Get information about your visa and how to remain in legal immigration status
- Get a student ID, complete your health screening, finalize housing arrangements and more
For FREE transportation from the Sioux Falls Regional Airport to SDSU in Brookings:
- Schedule arrival between July 14 to August 12.
- Email your itinerary
- Request confirmation that transportation is arranged
(*Note: Orientation begins August 13th. Plan to arrive on or before that date. In extremes circumstances, we will continue to provide transportation until August 31st; however, pre-approval must be received prior to scheduling your flight.)
Arriving before or after provided transportation from the airport to campus? Here are some options.
Prepare for Arrival
Check-in will be completed during Orientation. Arriving early? Stop by to complete check-in before Orientation begins. You will need:
- I-20 or DS2019
- I-94 (typically stapled in your passport)
- Graduate Assistant Offer Letter
- SDSU Admission Letter
You will also need to complete an address form and the Statement of Responsibility. Graduate students who have been offered a Graduate Assistantship will be given information on obtaining a social security number at check-in.
NOTE: You must complete your check-in process with the Office of International Affairs no later than 30 days after your program start date. If you do not, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to register you in the SEVIS system in a timely manner. If this is not done, you will lose your legal status in the U.S.