International Proficiency Tests
- Official TOEFL Results: Valid scores from test taken in the last two years must be sent to SDSU School Code 6653. *MyBest score is now accepted.
- iBT: 61
- Paper-delivered test: 48
- Paper Based: 500
- IELTS Valid scores from test taken in the last two years with clear TRF must be sent with your admission documents.
- IELTS Academic overall score 5.5
- Online E3PT Exam must be sent to SDSU directly from E3PT.
- E3PT overall score 62
- Online iTEP Exam must be sent to SDSU directly from iTEP.
- iTEP overall score 3.6
- Duolingo Exam must be sent to SDSU directly from Duolingo.
- Duolingo overall score 90.
- Pearson Valid scores from test taken in the last two years must be sent to SDSU directly from Pearson.
- PTE Academic overall score 44
- Scholastic Aptitude Test “SAT” scores must be sent to SDSU School Code 6653.
- (Redesigned): 490 Reading and Writing
- (Old): 480 Critical Reading
- ACT scores must be sent to SDSU School Code 3924.
- Composite score of 18
- IGCSE O-level English: “B” or higher
- IB Curriculum English A Higher Level: Score of 5 or higher
- C or better on College English Composition Class from U.S. University or Community College
- Cambridge CAE or CPE (pass grade)
Countries that may receive a waiver from exams listed above:
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bahamas, The
- British Virgin Islands
- Canada (except Quebec)
- Cook Islands
- Ghana (with B3 or better on WAEC English)
- Liberia (with B3 or better on WAEC English)
- New Zealand
- Nigeria (with B3 or better on WAEC English)
- Pitcairn Islands
- Saint Helena
- Saint Kitts & Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- South Africa
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Turks and Caicos Islands
- UK (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland)
International Affairs, South Dakota State University
1300 N Campus Ln, Box 2115
Hilton M. Briggs Library, Suite 119
Brookings, SD 57007