Information for New Students Starting in Fall 2020
South Dakota State University will return to on-campus instruction in Brookings for the Fall 2020 semester, and we look forward to our students’ arrival! New international students, though, may find it challenging to receive their visas in time to travel and begin their studies in August. To accommodate all students, SDSU will offer a variety of options to earn credits online in the Fall 2020 semester. Please click on the following links below to learn more about these opportunities:
- International Freshmen and Transfers - Undergraduate Students with full admission
- International Graduate (Master and Ph.D.) Students with full admission
- Intensive English Program (IEP) Students
- Online Global Foundations Program – New! – Gain full admission to SDSU and earn credit while doing so!
- South Dakota State University has no influence over the US visa application process, and there is no guarantee that a student who begins studies with SDSU online will ultimately receive a US visa.
- OIA awaits the final determination on tuition rates for Fall 2020 online classes and will post program prices as soon as possible.
For more information, please contact OIA at SDSU.IntlStud@sdstate.edu
Students may participate in an online “New Student Orientation,” available in June and August, and register for Fall 2020 online classes that start on August 19, 2020. A student should pursue their visa application while studying online and join us at SDSU in January 2021 for the next semester.
Masters and Ph.D. students may take advantage of a variety of online classes designed to prepare them for the rigor of graduate school and introducing them to research and career development certificate programming.
Students who need additional English practice to qualify for full admission at the undergraduate or graduate level may sign up for an Intensive English Program at SDSU’s English Language and Culture Institute. Small classes and personalized instruction prepares students for the challenges of degree study on the SDSU campus.
Global Foundations Program
Students who may not meet all requirements for full admission may elect to study in the new Global Foundations Program. Available to both undergraduate and graduate students, the pathway combines advanced English instruction with the opportunity to begin earning degree-eligible credit and prepare to enter desired programs in the next semester WITHOUT taking any additional standardized tests!