SDSU students have access to a variety of electronic accounts and resources - many of which they will access daily. They are often the primary ways to important academic information and communication from the university, professors and advisors. We recommend that you activate and familiarize yourself with these accounts. Be sure to track your login information and keep it in a safe and accessible spot for future reference.
If you are coming to Orientation, you are encouraged to bring your account credentials (logins, usernames, and passwords) with you. That way you'll already be one step ahead when you get here.
Get SDSU Connected
Step 1: Login To MyState
- Visit mystate.sdstate.edu
- Click on "Sign In" in the top right corner.
- Use your username. You can find your username in the e-mail sent from Admissions or by clicking here. You will need to enter your last name and your 7-digit SDSU ID number.
[hint: this will also give you your D2L username]
- Follow the instructions for the password.
- Log in into MyState.
Note: Do not forget to change your password. This will also change your password for your Jacks Email (but not D2L).
Step 2: Activate Jacks Email
- Go to "Activate Jacks Email".
- Follow the instructions for finding your Email address.
- Once you have your Email, click on the activation link.
- Log in using your Email address.
- Your password is the same as your MyState password.
- For all future logins, use jacksemail.sdstate.edu.
Step 3: Activate My D2L
- Visit boris.sdbor.edu.
- Enter your last name and student ID number in the appropriate fields. Click retrieve my information.
- Write down your username and select the Email to which you want the password reset link sent.
- Check your Email and click on the link to reset password.
- Enter your username and create a password that is 6-15 characters. It must include at least one number. Click reset.
- Log in to D2L at d2l.sdbor.edu.
Note: Your D2L account is created after you have registered for classes.
If you forgot your credentials and need assistance with resetting your accounts please visit our Login Help website.