Information Exchange in the University Student Union (SSU150) completes campus-wide approval. Any posters that do not have the approved Information Exchange seal in the lower left corner will be removed.
To be approved, all posters must meet the following guidelines:
- Events/services must be open to the SDSU community, relate to a university approved organization and/or activity, and show obvious and legitimate sponsorship by:
- SDSU departments, offices or colleges
- SDSU recognized student organizations
- Official SDSU committees
- All posters must be hung on the designated bulletin boards in each building. Posters not hung on the designated boards will be removed.
- Posters must have an English translation of anything in another language.
- Use of SDSU copyrighted images must be approved via University Relations graphic identity guidelines. Questionable use of images will be referred to University Relations for their approval.
- Any content on event posting related to upcoming elections must comply with all laws regulated by South Dakota Secretary of State Office.
- Flyers cannot have the following: promotion of alcohol, alcoholic event, or other drugs, explicit sexual material, profanity, or ads that compete with Dining Services or the University Bookstore.
- Flyers may be posted as early as six weeks before the event.
- Poster size cannot exceed 12x18. Organizations must take down flyers after the event.
Residential Life Specifics:
- All flyers/posters/banners must be approved for posting by the CD/RHD, dated, and stamped with the hall name of the residence hall where they will be displayed before they will be posted.
- With permission of the CD/RHD, materials may be left on a table in each building lobby for promotion of off campus businesses or organizations. Such material must be consistent with Residential Life and university policies and philosophies.
- Organizations or individuals wishing to advertise or publicize in student mailboxes must follow guidelines noted in Residential Life “mail” and “solicitation” policy.
To request that your event be published on the calendars of the SDSU public website, email Web Support. To request your event be published on InsideState or MyState online, email the SDSU Support Desk. The Office of Web Development and Management reserves the right to reject items. For more information, please call 688-6134.
Approved posting locations on campus
Administration: East Entrance
Agricultural Engineering: Southeast Entrance on East Wall
Agricultural Hal: Southeast Entrance Near Room 139
Agricultural Heritage Museum: Main Entrance Near Restrooms
Animal Disease Research: XXXXXX
Animal Science Arena: XXXXXX
Animal Science Complex: South Wall of Lobby Near Fountain
Avera Health and Science: West Vestibule on South Wall
Briggs Library: Main Floor Hall by Restrooms
Central Heating Plant: XXXXXX
Communications Center: West Entrance
Crothers Engineering Hall: Across From Room 214
Dairy Microbiology Building: West Side of Main Lobby
Deputy Military Hall: Across From Men's Restroom in Gym
East Headhouse: XXXXXX
Electrical Engineering and Computer: Southwest Entrance
Ethel Austin Martin Building: XXXXXX
Foundation Building - Old: East Wall Second Floor Near Top of Stairs
Grove Hall: North Entrance
Harding Hall: Main Entrance
Horticulture Building - Old: West Door
Horticulture Forestry Building: XXXXXX
Horticulture and Forestry Greenhouse: XXXXXX
HPER Center: East Entrance/Vending by North Wall
Industrial Arts Building: XXXXXX
Intramural Building: Southwest Entrance
Lincoln Music Hall: West of Stairs in Main Hall
Medary Commons: Lower Level Between Restrooms
Northern Plains Bio Lab: North Side of Main Entrance Outside Room 103
Performing Arts Center: XXXXXX
Physical Plant Building: XXXXXX
Physiology Lab: XXXXXX
Plant Science Lab: South Entrance Near Drinking Fountain
Puglsey Continuing Education Building: Across from Vending Downstairs Right of Main Entrance
Rotunda for Arts and Science: West Vestibule Near Classroom Entrance
Scobey Hall: North Entrance Near Room 126
Seed Technology Lab: XXXXXX
Shepard Hall: XXXXXX
Solberg Hall: South Entrance Near Intersection of Halls
South Dakota Art Museum: Outside Theatre/Lecture Hall
Student Wellness Center: North Vestibule
Tompkins Alumni Center: West Vestibule
University Sores and Services: XXXXXX
Veterinary Isolation Building: XXXXXX
Wagner Hall: Northwest and Southwest Entrances on East Side of Hall Near Vestibule
Wecota Hall: East Entrance
Wenona: Front Entrance
West Hall: Main Entrance
Wintrode Student Center: South Wall Near Lounge
Yeager Hall: Southwest Entrance on West Wall